With the Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio Infocomm’s 4G services commercial launch imminent, what is on most potential buyers’ minds is one question: How to get Reliance Jio SIM. While initially, the company had restricted the service mainly to its own employees and LYF smartphones, gradually the reach is being expanded to more and more smartphones of other companies too – no company explanation for it has come. So now it covers not just Samsung handsets, it also spans National, LG, Micromax and other handsets. In fact, latest reports say that anyone with a 4G enabled smartphone can just saunter into a Reliance Digital and Xpress Mini store and get a Jio SIM. Of course, It is not quite that simple as not all these stores are allowed to provide the Jio SIM. You need to find the ones that do. Also, you need to provide the relevant KYC (know your customer) proof. What will be provided along with the SIM is the Jio Preview offer that provides 3 months of unlimited data, calling, SMS, and access to Reliance Jio services JioOnDemand.
The interest in this newest entrant into the telecom space stems from the fact that the prices of call and data services are expected to fall hugely. That is welcome news to everyone and especially those who use their smartphones extensively. On top of that is the promise of the higher 4G quality, which is expected to immeasurably improve the smartphone experience of users. As a result of the Reliance Jio Infocomm competition, the telecoms business is heading for a rationalising process. Increasingly, it is being seen that the older telcos are looking to rationalise their operations and perhaps even go in for mergers – Vodafone and Idea Cellular is one such possibility. They are also scrambling to launch their own 4G services.
Be that as it may, what is clear is that Reliance Jio Infocomm has already grabbed smartphone users imagination. So, before much ado here is how to get Reliance Jio SIM in a step by step process:
1. Go to PlayStore and download MyJio App; open it thereafter
2. Click on the banner that says ‘Get Jio SIM’
3. The process will require you to click on ‘Agree’ button and then you can get the Reliance Jio SIM offer
4. You will need to provide your location in the drop-down feature
5. Go through the process as prompted; click ‘Next’
6. Reliance Jio SIM Offer Code will be flashed. Jot it down.
7. To adhere to the KYC norms, you will need to provide the requisite documents (for identification purpose)
8. Go to a Reliance Store armed with these and you will get the Jio SIM.