The Kumar Mangalam Birla-led Hindalco Industries Ltd, the flagship company of Aditya Birla Group, today unveiled its second quarter (Q2) results, ended September 30 – the company said its profit was higher on the back of higher sales. Here are top 5 key takeaways:
1. Profit: Hindalco Industries posted a 31.10 per cent jump in standalone net profit at Rs 103.27 crore for Q2. The company had reported a net profit of Rs 78.77 crore in the year-ago period.
2. Income: Hindalco Industries total income increased to Rs 9,342.14 crore over Rs Rs 8,777.66 crore in the year period.
3. Revenue: Hindalco Industries revenue rose on the back of the production ramp up at the company’s new factories. The company said in a statement that “the revenues for the quarter were higher by 4 per cent over the corresponding quarter of the previous financial year despite a sharp decline in realisations.”
4. PBITDA: Hindalco Industries profit before interest, tax and depreciation (PBITDA) at Rs 1,020 crore (reflects a robust operational performance in the face of severe macroeconomic headwinds, company said).
5. Other income: Hindalco Industries other income for the quarter is higher partly on account of certain non-recurring items amounting to Rs 119 crore and partly due to dividend from subsidiaries.