The year 2015 was also a year of many firsts on Twitter from users, partners and brands experimenting and innovating with the platform and new campaigns. Here are the top 5 highlights to show how Twitter, Vine, Periscope were used in new ways this year.
1. Make In India: First non-US brand to get its own Twitter emoji
In November, @MakeInIndia, one of the largest economic development initiatives run by the Indian government, became the first non-US brand to get its own Twitter emoji for a worldwide audience.
Ladies and gentlemen, Twitter launches the Emoji version of India’s favourite lion from their global head quarters #MakeInIndia
— Make in India (@makeinindia) November 4, 2015
2. First Twitter cricket timelines for #CWC15 and #IPL Given the millions of cricket fans who are on Twitter, this year we created a product that would let users follow and participate in the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup and IPL 2015 with ease. We created special cricket timelines for #CWC15 and #IPL2015 as a one-stop for cricket Tweets, commentary, expert analysis, plus photos, videos and Vines from the sidelines at the world’s biggest cricketing events.
— Twitter India (@TwitterIndia) May 24, 2015
3. First Indian airline and telco to launch Tweet-powered transactions: Jet Airways and Reliance Communications #JetInstant is a first of its kind Twitter based innovation that lets you check the lowest fare or view your flight status with just a single Tweet, and #SmartCare is a Twitter-based customer service that allows 120 million Reliance users to access and manage their mobile phone account on Twitter using the #SmartCare hashtag: pay bills, recharge online, view and buy best deals, track usage, and check balance.
— Reliance Mobile (@RelianceMobile) November 1, 2015
4. BMW: the first brand to use Twitter’s Flock to Unlock card in India BMW India (@bmwindia) was the first brand to use the Flock to Unlock card for the launch video of the i8 in India. Flock to Unlock is a custom Twitter card that brands can use to unveil a new product, video or a commercial. It needs people to flock to the content for it to unlock. Once the card is unlocked, a Tweet is sent to everyone who participated with the exclusive content.
Big reveal today and we’re almost there. Click on the button below to unlock the future. http://t.co/pbf6dW2sUG #iamtheFuture
— BMW India (@bmwindia) February 18, 2015
5. JLR Discovery Sport – First Automobile Launch on Periscope
This year, we conceptualise and executed the first-ever automobile launch experience on Periscope for the launch of the New Discovery Sport by Jaguar Land Rover. The launch experience was brought to Land Rover’s fans (@JLRIndia) in real time using Periscope, allowing followers to interact with the live broadcast as it happened.