Snapdeal Sale hot trends: Snapdeal Unbox Diwali sale started with a bang on October 2 and it is continuing in same fashion as consumers are eager to complete their festive season buying through the no-hassle online shopping route at discounted prices. The deals are good, but not as great as in 2015 as the government and the brick and mortar shops have got together to spike any chance of any of the ecommerce majors, Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and ShopClues. But that does not seem to have stopped the online buying frenzy even though it has taken much of ‘bang’ out of the sales for the customers and the e-retailers. And best of all is the fact that the customer does not have to go and shop, the product is delivered right at home! A positive for those who don’t have the time to shop, nor the inclination.
So, check out the effect of all this online shopping on Snapdeal. The numbers, when compared are truly eye-popping and most have already surpassed the 2015 count. This is despite the fact that the cut price deals are not that enticing, but most of all as consumers are now in the habit of buying stuff online, a trend the ecommerce guys are betting on for their own future welfare, the business is humming.
1. The sale of air-conditioners (ACs) has been very inspirational on Snapdeal. According to the company, the number of these cooling devices sold till the first half of day 4 in the Unbox Diwali sale are enough to cool the magnificent tower Burj Khalifa, Dubai – the tallest building in the world at 2,723 feet high (830 m to tip).
2. That the Indian male is increasingly getting his hands dirty to handle some work at home and perhaps the professionals are finding the prices irresistible, making toolkits fly off the shelves in huge numbers! As many as 55,000 units have been sold till now.
3. Indians love for photography continues. While the smartphone cameras have stolen much of the glory, the DSLR cameras are fighting back. This may well have to do with the fact that people love taking selfies with their smartphones, but when it comes to taking a picture on a bigger canvas a lot of people are turning to camera-only devices. Snapdeal has revealed that it has sold 1 DSLR camera every 3 minutes on Day 2 of sale.
4. In the fashion category, while the male/female break-up was not available, yet there was a big signal as to where the hair styling trends were moving to. And it looks like straight hair fad is well and truly established. Snapdeal says that in the personal grooming products segment, hair straighteners have become the highest selling item on Day 3 of the sale.
5. For women, while other essential beauty products are necessary, it was eye make-up products that are really grabbing everyone’s attention and on Snapdeal, they have turned the top-selling cosmetic item on offer.