Good news for job seekers! According to the latest Employment Outlook Report by Teamlease Services, hiring sentiment will improve incrementally over the next six months. The report states that six of the eighteen sectors surveyed have indicated positive hiring sentiments. Job seekers in financial services sector are likely to benefit the most from this, says the report. The other key sectors that will also experience positive hiring intent are Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPOs) and Health & Pharmaceuticals, the report adds. Yet another positive is the finding that mid-level hiring which had “taken a beating” in the previous half year makes a comeback.
“The minor recovery is thanks to the hiring sentiment for senior roles, Blue Collar and Engineering profiles, and large businesses looking to hire in Metro and Tier-1 cities,” the report says. Teamlease has listed out 5 key sectors in which the job prospects look promising. These are
1. KPO hiring in Bangalore, Mumbai and Hyderabad
2. Ecommerce/Tech Startups hiring in Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore), Delhi and Ahmedabad
3. Financial Services in Mumbai and Ahmedabad
4. Power & Energy in Ahmedabad and Mumbai
5. Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals in Pune
Three of the seven functional Areas – Engineering, Blue Collar and Office Services – are sought after by employers, the report says adding that Marketing and Human Resources are associated with negative sentiment.
The top three sectors (by city) in terms of employment outlook growth as listed out by Teamlease are:
1. Mumbai: Financial Services, KPO, Power & Energy
2. Delhi: Ecommerce & Tech startups, KPO, Power & Energy
3. Bangalore: KPO, Ecommerce & Tech startups, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Power & Energy, Financial Services, Media & Entertainment
4. Kolkata: Power & Energy, Ecommerce & Tech startups, Information Technology, Financial Services
5. Chennai: Ecommerce & Tech startups, Power & Energy, Financial Services, Media & Entertainment
6. Pune: Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Power & Energy, Financial Services, Ecommerce & Tech startups, KPO, Retail, Media & Entertainment
7. Hyderabad: Ecommerce & Tech startups, KPO, Financial Services, Retail, Educational Services
8. Ahmedabad: Power & Energy, Financial Services, Ecommerce & Tech startups, Educational Services, BPO
Interestingly, the survey also states that while Mumbai continues to topp the list of cities that ooze “exuberance”, Bangalore has lost its sheen!