After Hours with Rajiv Kumar, Sales & Marketing Director, Revlon India
1. The job: It feels amazing to work for a brand that is so motivational and dynamic. It is such a fast-moving and challenging industry, that it prods you to keep innovating. As a student I always thought of becoming a combat pilot or an industrial designer, never imagined a study of fashion and colour trends would be a part of my job one day. However, today keeping myself abreast of the international trends and devising strategies to implement them in India is what keeps my passion for the job alive.
2. The weekdays: Being a winner in various roller skating and gymnastic championships, daily workouts are a must-do for me. The day I miss them I feel pathetic and incomplete. And apart from all the strenuous workouts, I also have to battle meetings, presentations, negotiations, targets, planning, et al. But the most relaxing time of the day is when I come back to my family in the evening. Watching TV, having dinner with my kids, talking to them on what made their day and what didn’t is something that makes me the happiest!
3. The weekend: As I said, exercise is a must, the rest follows. Skating for two hours in the morning and then cycling with my son, in addition to cruise biking with my daughter is my weekend routine. I also make sure to take my wife shopping and spend time with my parents. Lastly, the most relaxing thing is going on a long drive and listening to great music.
4. The toys: I love my cruise motor bike and bicycle, they are as refreshing as a glass of juice that keeps me fresh and energised all day long. I’m addicted to taking pictures, so my SLR is always with me. I believe candid pictures are always the best pictures!
5. The logos: Royal Enfield Bullet captures my maximum mind share. Adidas and Nike are an integral part of my life. Kriptos are the skating wheels that I roll on.
—As told to Banasree Purkayastha