Indian companies are rapidly adopting DevOps reveals a recent global survey Assembling the DevOps Jigsaw by CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA). As per the study 78% of Indian IT leaders have adopted some aspect DevOps, this is a rise in adoption from last year. In Asia Pacific Japan region, India ranks No. 1 in the market with 24% adoption of Advanced DevOps. Interest is high because DevOps is a key component of satisfying customer and becoming more agile. Businesses have realized DevOps enables them in keeping pace with escalating customer demands, creating new and innovative customer experiences and rapid response to requests from business.
The global online survey of 1,442 senior IT and business executives highlights that 78% of Indian IT leaders in India have implemented some aspect of DevOps to launch new services or applications faster than before, due to increased customer demands. This is second to China (83%) in Asia Pacific Japan region.
Commenting on the study findings, Sunil Manglore, Managing Director, CA Technologies India said In India, we continue to witness rapid adoption of DevOps to empower organisations on their digital transformation strategy to accelerate business growth. Businesses in India are moving away from traditional fixed production cycle to continuous innovations and lean delivery. This is equipping them to become more agile and adopt to market conditions rolling out products faster in the application economy. To maximize DevOps potential, organizations need to firm up IT skill sets with critical enablers to drive collaboration and continuous innovation.
Other key findings include:
In APJ, as compared to those without DevOps, advanced DevOps adopters were:
- 2.2 times more likely to have seen improvements in customer retention
- 2 times more likely to have seen improvements in customer acquisition
- 3 times more likely to have seen progress on market share
- 2.3 times more likely to have seen improvements in customer profitability
- 2.2 times more likely to have seen new income streams
According to the survey, the top three demand drivers in APJ for implementing DevOps were to keep pace with escalating customer demands, to have rapid response to business requests, and to create new and innovative customer experiences.
To maximize DevOps effectiveness, there are nine key factors required though few have actually done all of them, based on feedback from respondents in the study.
- 70 percent of the respondents who have implemented DevOps in India have a well-defined DevOps strategy and objectives.
- 53 percent respondents who have already implemented DevOps consider Security and compliance measures important.
- Furthermore, while 50 percent of India respondents considered business stakeholder education to be important, and 38 percent are gaining the importance of ensuring adequate knowledge of business priorities within IT.
- Successfully fostering teamwork remains a significant barrier to DevOps success. Respondents in India found the breaking down of cultural barriers between Dev and Ops teams to be the most challenging task, with almost 43 percent having achieved cultural harmony within IT.
Besides the above factors, cross functional IT processes, relevant IT knowledge and skills, right infrastructure and tooling, right suppliers and support are the other four pieces to assemble an amazing DevOps practice.
- Research Paper – Assembling the DevOps Jigsaw
- Infographic – Do You Have All the Pieces of the DevOps Jigsaw in Place?
The global online survey of 1,442 senior IT and business executives was sponsored by CA Technologies and conducted by industry analyst firm Freeform Dynamics in July 2015. It was augmented by in-depth telephone interviews with key industry executives. For full survey methodology details, see the report Assembling the DevOps Jigsaw.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate ndash; across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments.
For more information, please visit at www.ca.com .
Follow CA Technologies
- Social Media Page
- Press Releases
Copyright 2015 CA. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.