1. Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes scrapped! Don’t panic, here is your full guide on what to do at banks and ATMs

By: | Published: November 9, 2016 7:55 AM
Rs 500, Rs 500 note, Rs 1000 note, Rs 1000 currency note, Rs 2000 note The government also announced that new Rs 500 and Rs 2000 currency notes will go into circulation starting November 10.

In one, quick, out-of-the-blue stroke, the Modi government has rendered your existing Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes worthless! And, that must have surely left you wondering what you will do with your stash of money in denominations of Rs 500 and Rs 1000. While there will be some inconvenience as the transition to the new notes happens, the great news is that there is NO NEED TO PANIC, provided, all your money is accounted for. Even Prime Minister Narendra Modi sought to reassure when he said in his address to the nation, “Your money will remain yours. You need have no worry on this point.”

There is a wide window available for you to exchange your older notes at the bank. Also, till November 11 midnight, there are a lot places where you can use your stock of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes. The government also announced that new Rs 500 and Rs 2000 currency notes will go into circulation starting November 10. Below is your full-check list of information on the government’s move – from how and where to exchange notes, to limits on withdrawal from ATMs and features of the new notes. This is a compilation of all you need to know, all at one place:

What can you do with your existing Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes?

1) If you have the older Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes, you can tender them at any office of the Reserve Bank or any bank branch and obtain value thereof by credit into your respective bank account. This window is available from November 10 till the close of banking hours on December 30, 2016 without any limit. This means you will have 50 days to deposit your notes.
2) The value credited to your bank account can be freely used by issue of cheques or by remitting through various electronic modes of transfer like NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, mobile banking, internet banking etc.
3) Notes of value up to Rs 4,000 per person can be exchanged for cash over the counter of any bank branch, head post office or sub post office. Carry a valid proof of identity for availing this exchange facility.

Also read: Surprise! Modi government’s black money move will make your dream home cheaper, boost ‘Housing for All’

Where all can you use your existing Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes for the next 72 hours (from November 9 to November 11 midnight)?

> For 72 hours, government hospitals will continue to accept old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes for payment
> For 72 hours, railway ticket booking, ticket counters of government buses and airline ticket counters at airports will accept the old notes for purchase of tickets.
> For 72 hours, old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes will be accepted at:
. Petrol, diesel and gas stations authorised by public sector oil companies
. Consumer co-operative stores authorised by State or Central government
. Milk booths authorised by State governments
. Crematoria and burial grounds

When will ATMs start functioning again? How much money can you withdraw?

1) All ATMs and other cash machines will remain shut on November 9, 2016 to facilitate recalibration and some may also be shut on November 10.
2) All ATMs are expected to resume functioning from November 11, 2016 upon their recalibration to dispense bank notes of only Rs 50 and Rs 100 denominations.
3) Banks have been advised to provide all cash withdrawal transactions at their ATMs free of cost to their customers till December 30, 2016.
4) Banks will fix a limit of Rs 2000/- per day per card withdrawal limit at ATMs, for all customers, till November 18, 2016.
5) The limits shall be raised to Rs 4,000 per day per card from November 19, 2016.

When will banks reopen and how much can you withdraw?

1) All banks are closed on November 9.
2) Till the end of November 24, 2016, all cash withdrawals from bank accounts, over the bank counters, will be restricted to a limited amount of Rs 10,000 per day subject to an overall limit of Rs 20,000 a week. These limits will be reviewed after that.

What if you are unable to exchange your old notes by December 30, 2016?

If you are unable to exchange or deposit the specified banknotes in your bank accounts on or before December 30, 2016, you will be given an opportunity to do so at specified offices of the Reserve Bank or such other facility until a later date as may be specified by the Reserve Bank. PM Modi in his address has said that this extended deadline would be till March 31, 2017 and will need you to submit a declaration form.

Which currency is valid now?

Notes of one hundred, fifty, twenty, ten, five, two and one rupee and all coins will remain legal tender and will not be affected. From November 10 onwards, RBI will start issuing the new Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes.

What about non-cash purchases and fund transfer?

There is no restriction of any kind on non-cash payments by cheques, demand drafts, debit or credit cards and electronic fund transfer.

What about tourists and international air travellers?

Arrangements will be made at international airports for arriving and departing passengers who have Rs 500 or Rs 1000 notes of not more than Rs 5,000, to exchange them for new notes or other legal tender. Foreign tourists will be able to exchange foreign currency or old notes of not more than Rs 5000 into legal tender.

New notes:

RBI is all set to issue a new Rs 500 denomination banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series with inset letter ‘E’. The central bank will also issue two sets of Rs 2000 notes, one with the inset letter ‘R’ and one without the inset letter. Both will be legal tender money.

For all other queries, keep a tab on the RBI website (rbi.org.in). You can also dial these Mumbai numbers: 022-22602201, 022-22602944.

1. F
    flora
    Jun 18, 2017 at 5:41 pm
    I got my already programmed blank ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $50,000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $100,000. MR Modric is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and she is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from her. Just send her an email On {modrichacker001 outlook }
      anand
      Jun 1, 2017 at 9:23 pm
      i have some old 500 and 1000 notes is there some one who can exchange
        PatriciaClifford
        May 30, 2017 at 9:53 pm
        PLEASE READ! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Elizabeth. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $8,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really happy i met Elizabeth because i met two people before her and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Elizabeth sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get your own card from her now she is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card,She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. im grateful to Elizabeth because she changed my story all of a sudden . The card works in all countries except Philippines, Mali and Nigeria. Elizabeth's email address is elizabethcole232@yahoo
          Jenny
          May 23, 2017 at 4:35 am
          We are in the business of making others rich within the shortest period of time. come get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $30,000.Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on Email: onlineatmhacker@yahoo cellphone: 13869516900
            Jenny
            May 23, 2017 at 4:34 am
            1. B
              beckam
              Apr 30, 2017 at 3:45 am
              BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : ( mrbeckhamblankatmcard@gmail
                Alicia Orlando
                Apr 26, 2017 at 1:18 am
                GET YOUR BLANK ATM CARD AND BE RICH FOREVER EMAIL: SONBLANKATMHACKER@GMAIL Alicia Orlando by name from USA.. i am here to share this message of greatness to only those who will seize the opportunity life will offer to become somebody great and actualize their dreams.so happy I got mine from Mr son. My blank ATM card can withdraw 5000 dollars daily. I got it from Him last week and now I have 50000 dollars monthly. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really happy i met Mr. son because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Mr son sent the card through UPS Express Delivery Shipment, and i got it in 4 days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card,he is giving it out to help people even if it is illegal but
                  Alicia Orlando
                  Apr 24, 2017 at 4:22 pm
                    Alicia Orlando
                    Apr 24, 2017 at 4:21 pm
                    1. B
                      Brenna Helen
                      Apr 19, 2017 at 12:35 pm
                      o , are you in any financial problems or you are finding it very difficult to pay your bills? or you need money to start a new business ? if yes then email us today to get a Blank ATM Programmed Card and cash money directly in any ATM Machine around you. It's 100 guaranteed secure with no worries, there is no risk of being caught, because the card has been programmed in such a way that it's not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you. Now email us today at our E-mail address at: atmblankcardfunds@gmail and get your card today and live that luxury life you every dream to live
                      1. B
                        Brenna Helen
                        Apr 14, 2017 at 3:12 pm
                          alicia julio
                          Apr 12, 2017 at 2:58 am
                          I want to shear a life changing story with everyone who cares to read this testimony. Blank atm cards are real and are effective all over the world. my name is [ALICIA JULIO] i live in SPAIN . I got this card from [MR OSCAR ] a month ago. this card has really help me pay my debits and now i am free from all financial problems. I no this is hard to believe , but i never new there was this kind of card until i got one. This card withdraw more than €6000 daily and it is very easy to use. But you have to be very careful in other not to be caught by the police because it is illegal. If you want more information on this card and how to get one just contact the hackers by this address (oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail )
                            Sonia Buker
                            Mar 18, 2017 at 7:32 am
                            PLEASE READ!!!! I know this might sounds crazy to everyone and seems too good to be true, but i am a living testimony to others who commented about this great hackers called Cindy. I was in search of loan to enhance my business when i got scammed 4 times by fake lenders who claimed to be loan lenders, i was so doomed that i got worse in debts that i was evacuated from my home secondary to the fact that i was unable to pay my bills. My business fold up that i could not even feed my family and i had no one to run to nor was ready to help, so i ran to the pastor for shelter with my family which he wheartedly received us. One morning i was on the internet trying to give it a try if i could get in touch with the real loan lenders so i could get back on my feet, i came across a comment of so many people thanking the great ATM HACKERS WORLD WIDE name cindy for giving them a blank ATM card worth the sum of 74,000,000.00 United State Dollars and can be able to withdrawn the sum of $5,000.00 per day. I found this too good to be true but due to my present condition, i decided to give it a try so i sent a mail to and two days later i got a response and was told the procedures needed before getting the card thus i agreed i still find its too good to be true, so i proceeded in giving them what they required and i was shocked when i got a call from the courier three days later that i have a parcel in their possession which belongs to me and i was wondering what it was before this hackers gave me a call and told me that they got a mail from the courier that my parcel has been delivered so i rushed down to their office and i got my parcel and on getting home, i found out that is was my blank card,. so headed for the ATM machine The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .and i almost ped out when i heard the machines counting and dispensed the sum of $6,000.00 Instant. I pray if am dreaming, i don't ever want to wake up because i know that this still sounds too good but its the truth & am a living testimony that's why i decided to take my time to share my testimony to any one who might be interested She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught Cindy's email address is
                            1. O
                              osoba benedicta
                              Jan 18, 2017 at 6:24 am
                              This page provides the latest hacking news, exploits and vulnerabilities for ethical hackers. long description this page provides the latest hacking news, exploits and vulnerabilities for ethical hackers, We emphasize devotion to creative growth and the fostering of professional relationships with the welcoming staff. You can start making $5000.00 per day without getting caught and you can also use this opportunity to shop online!! Welcome to GHOST HACKING FOUNDATION! G.H F Hackers are professional hackers for hire that provides professional hacking services We clone this cards using the grabbed data into real ATM cards which can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe at stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 on any ATM and its loaded up the range of $500,000.00 to $10,000,000 United State Dollars spending limit.If you’re interested in buying ATM Blank Cards, Credit Cards or CVV or Dumps then contact us: ....our price lists and the daily withdrawal limits for the BLANK ATM CARDS;limit of $1000 per-day cost $150limit of $2000 per-day cost $250limit of $3000 per-day cost $350limit of $4000 per day cost $450.limit of $5000 per-day cost $550obtain one today......
                              1. C
                                christ
                                Mar 8, 2017 at 6:05 am
                                o, My name is Natalie and i just feel like letting everyone know about this. There is this new way of making money with a programmed ATM card called the Blank ATM card. I got one through the help of a hacking team called CHEVRON BLANK ATM HACKERS two days after i paid.This Blank ATM card is programmed to mess with any ATM and its camera thereby allowing you to withdraw up to $80000 monthly from any ATM. Since i got the card i've been able to withdraw enough to get myself a new car and invest in a huge profit making business. Although it is illegal, there's no risk of being caught and you can use this opportunity to make your life better. For those of us in need of financial stability, you can get more information about this Blank ATM card by contacting them now through their whatsapp no: 2348142630659. email: ). The most amazing thing is I got this Blank ATM card at a very low rate and i hope you also do too.
                                  sonia
                                  Mar 13, 2017 at 8:20 pm
                                  I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called Donard. he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for om money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. 3 days later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $5000 daily. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $40000 without any stress of being caught. I don’t know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank Atm has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address And I believe they will also Change your Life. email:
                                    sonia
                                    Mar 13, 2017 at 8:20 pm
                                    I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called Donard. he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for om money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. 3 days later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $5000 daily. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $40000 without any stress of being caught. I don’t know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank Atm has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address donardmorrisworld27 @ gmail. com And I believe they will also Change your Life. email: donardmorrisworld27 @g mail. com
                                      Subhash
                                      Nov 9, 2016 at 11:12 pm
                                      Very well explained.
                                        Rajesh Anant
                                        Nov 9, 2016 at 3:46 am
                                        Nicely explained step by step covering all points. Fantastic job done.
                                          P.Bhasker
                                          Nov 12, 2016 at 9:18 am
                                          What about Milk booths? Are they accept old Rs.500/- and Rs.1000/-notes?
                                            Roshan Koul
                                            Nov 10, 2016 at 10:28 am
                                            1) can I exchange Rs.4000/- each at five different banks on one particular day which amounts to a total of exchanged money to Rs.20,000/- in one day? 2) can I continuously exchange Rs.4000/- per day daily for the period upto 30/12/2016.?