Iconic luxury British brand, Triumph Motorcycles had globally recorded its highest sales figures in 30 years reaching a volume of 54,432 units with India contributing sale of 1,300 bikes in the first year of its inception here.
The global figures from the Triumph Group show a 4.5% year-on-year increase in unit sales, with a managed accounting loss of £8 mn due to unrealised exchange rate loss, planned overseas expansion costs and ongoing investment in new models. Group turnover totaled £364 million, while total unit sales rose to more than 54,000 – compared to just over 52,000 in the preceding year.
Paul Stroud, Director Sales & Marketing, Triumph Motorcycles India “Growing markets like India and Brazil have been extremely critical and gratifying at the same time and they have contributed substantially to our overall figures. The industry is undoubtedly experiencing its most successful season and demonstrates that riding is regaining popularity as a leisure pursuit, as well as a stylish option for the urban commuter across the world.”
Between November 2013 and January 2015, the brand has established a presence in the Indian premium motorcycle market with 12 international models and presence across 10 key cities in the country.
Company has also continued investments in people and processes, and bikes spanning 5 motorcycling categories of classics, cruisers, roadsters, adventure and super sports.
Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India said, “We have not only established ourselves as a front runner in the luxury motorcycles industry but have also been successful in adding value to the our global sales figures.”
Key Highlights, Triumph Motorcycles India
* Launched on 28th November, 2013 with 10 class models across 5 Broad categories & each brand being winner in the respective category. Classics, cruisers, roadsters, adventure and super sports
* With the launch of Daytona 675 at the Auto Expo 2014, Triumph Motorcycle now has 11 models for sale across 8 fully functional dealerships
* Opens first store with new global brand identity in Bangalore followed by Hyderabad within 2 months of launch
* 450 bookings clocked in 25 weeks
* Rider groups started in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kochi (Riders association of Triumph) in line with brand ethos – For the Ride
Website Link: www.triumphmotorcycles.in
Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/TriumphMotorcyclesIndia
Twitter Link: http://twitter.com/IndiaTriumph