The coming week will see the launch of Hyundai’s much awaited sports utility vehicle (SUV), Creta. Expected to be priced between Rs 8 to R 12 lakh, the Hyundai Creta will take on Mahindra XUV500, Nissan Terrano, Tata Safari Storme, Ford Ecossport, Honda Mobilio and Renault Duster.
The latest offering from the Hyundai stable, Creta, will be available in eight variants, four each in diesel and petrol.
Hyundai has already released the teaser of the car and it appears to have caught up customers’ attention who are keen to know more about its actual price and features.
We present a 5 point cheat sheet on the much awaited car:
1. The new car Creta is inspired by the Fluidic 2.0 design philosophy like company’s other cars, which may garner Hyundai lovers interest.
2. The car measures 4270mm in length, 1780mm in width, 1630mm in height and 2590mm wheelbase. This means that on the spec front the car is shorter when compared to Duster and has an upper edge over Ford EcoSport. Howvere, it will be spacious for five adult occupants and will come with 400 liters of boot space.
3. Creta’s petrol variant will come with a 1.6 litre dual VTVT engine and the diesel variant will come with U2 1.4CRDi and U2 1.6 CRDi VGT engine.
4. Creta will be the first vehicle to have automatic transmission technology in the above-4-metre SUV segment.
5. The new Creta SUV may incorporate in all probabilities three engines of Verna, giving the customers various options to select from. The engine options are 1.4 liter/1.6 liter diesel and 1.6 litre petrol.
With inputs from CarDekho.com