First showcased at the 2015 Honda RevFest earlier this year, the Honda CB Hornet 160R will finally be launched in the country today i.e. December 10. set to rival Suzuki Gixxer, Yamaha FZ and others in the segment, the Honda CB Hornet is likely to be priced on par with its rivals.
For people planning to buy the CB Hornet 160R, we list down 5 things about this 160cc bike:
1. The Honda CB Hornet will come as a replacement to the CB Trigger which couldn’t live up to the company’s expectations. Compared to the trigger, the Hornet will be a more upmarket product and will attract young buyers looking for a premium 150-160cc bike at an attractive price.
2. Power for the Honda CB Hornet 160R will come from a 162.71cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that is the same unit that does duty on the Unicorn 160. This engine, mated to a 5-speed gearbox, churns outa 14.5bhp at 8,000rpm and 14.61nm at 6,000rpm. With Honda Eco Technology (HET), the Hornet 160R’s engine is claimed to deliver “high acceleration and sporty performance”.
3. The CB Hornet 160R takes its design inspiration from the CX-01 concept that had made its debut at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo. Built on a tubular diamond frame, the Hornet looks quite sporty with features such as high-mounted handlebar, multi-spoke alloys with black coat, single piece seat, dual-tone front mudguard, X-Shaped LED tail-light, etc.
4. The Honda CB Hornet features telescopic fork upfront and semi-loaded rear mono suspension. It is also expected to feature front and rear disc brakes combined with Honda’s combi braking system (CBS).
5. For people not in the know, ‘Hornet’ is quite popular Honda brand name under which the company sells motorcycles ranging from 250cc to 900cc. Though for the first time, the company is using it for a low capacity bike.