1. Uber and Ola drivers earn up to Rs 1 lakh per month

Uber and Ola drivers earn up to Rs 1 lakh per month

By: and | Bangalore | Updated: June 5, 2015 10:51 AM

The Ubers and Olas may have disrupted the taxi-hailing market in India with their mobile app-led business model but it is the cab drivers affiliated to such services that are riding the wave, many of them earning anywhere between Rs 75,000 and Rs 1 lakh per month.

Take the case of Lokesh R in Bengaluru. His income, he says, goes up to as much as Rs 1.25 lakh in some months. “On an average I earn around Rs 80,000 per month and if there is some luck on my side in terms of faster pick-up, my earnings can beyond Rs 1 lakh,” he said. Before the advent of these taxi-hailing services he was making somewhere around Rs 15,000-20,000 a month.

Talking to FE, TaxiForSure CEO Arvind Singhal said there has been a socio-economic transformation. “We have so many educated people approaching us to become cab drivers. We even have an engineer contracted with us as a driver, who says he loves the entrepreneurial mindset associated with the profession as compared to some IT job.” Singhal said.

Online taxi aggregators like Uber, Ola and TaxiForSure have brought in a sea change to the India cab services market driven by mobile app technologies and highly competitive rates. Ola, which is currently valued at $2.5 billion, started its operations four years ago and is currently present in over 100 cities.

Uber, the hottest start-up globally, valued above $50 billion, started its Indian operations in August 2013 and is currently present in 11 cities. The global giant has started accepting cash payments on a trial mode in India, something it has never done globally, seeing the kind of demand here.

The taxi market in India is estimated to be around Rs 11,000 crore, and growing in double digits. And the driver is a key, well, driver of business. The remuneration paid to these drivers by the online players is fairly straightforward.

In the case of Uber, for every trip made, the driver receives 80% of the fare, which is credited to the bank account.

There is also a bonus payment of Rs 150 per trip for rides made during peak hours and Rs 50 during non-peak hours. Ola even provides a bonus to drivers if they do six trips a day. TaxiForSure charges the driver only 8-12% of the ride fee, in a bid to attract more drivers.

Basavaraj, who came to Bengaluru around five years ago leaving behind a rural background burdened with family debts, is today a happy man having cleared off his loans. “I bought this taxi under Ola’s financing scheme where the vehicle is attached for a particular number of years,” he said.

However, the job has its associated pressures. Said Lokesh, “It is almost impossible to stay away from our phone, as one never knows when our next call is going to come. The demand never stops.”

While that may lead to family issues, TaxiForSure’s Singhal says even the wives of these drivers have joined in the business. Many of them track the movement of the cabs on GoogleMaps and coordinates with the drivers. “It’s a big high for people like us to see our drivers do so well. They have become mini-entrepreneurs, said Singhal.

“I see this trend picking up even further. More and more educated professionals may join the ranks,” he added.

For Updates Check Company News; follow us on Facebook and Twitter

VISHAL SHARMA
    Jun 19, 2017 at 12:59 pm
    hello sir,my name is vishal and i have an experience of driving more than 10 years. i want to work as a driver in ola, uber. my number is 9419106979. please revert to me if you have any vacancy. location of the job : in north india anywhere. if you will give me a chance, i shall be very thankful to you. right now i am not doing any work, so please help me to survive.
      pravin
      Jun 5, 2017 at 12:33 am
      i need a driver to Drive in OLA or Uber earn 30000 to 45000 thousand per month ,make 10 to 15 trip per day, contact me on 9209913226
      1. N
        Niketan wankar
        May 17, 2017 at 5:06 pm
        Sir I m Niketan I m a cab driver last 5 year I need a job in ludhiana city panjab.9764826593
          Ravi Kant Sharma
          May 9, 2017 at 11:22 am
          I want o start the business but i dont have the car can i able to do buisness with uber will Uber help me in terms of buying a car and hiring a driver im ready to invest please suggest. Ravijant Sharma 9681483221
            Suryakant Jadhav
            May 4, 2017 at 8:48 pm
            Hi... I am suryakant..i am interested in this opportunities...if you possible, please send me details about this opportunities. My mail id also given suryajadhav66@gmail Contact.9004808561
            1. I
              Imran khan
              Apr 13, 2017 at 9:47 pm
              My car k10 ola me chal sakti ya suiftdizair
                shyamal maity
                Jan 5, 2017 at 10:26 pm
                I NEED A DRIVER JOB RY UPTO 40000,trip 70/80
                  Jagadish
                  Nov 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
                  I want uber franchise details my 📱 7989046384
                    Rabi majumdar
                    Mar 2, 2016 at 4:44 pm
                    Ola and uber ke gari dirve Karne Keliye mujhe ek Daivar chaiye plz, contrack 9804559390/ 9674682979
                      MD arshad
                      May 4, 2017 at 8:19 pm
                      Hi Rabi ji I m interested and I have more than 6 years experience in same . can u tell me your location please. I belongs to Howrah (W.B)
                      ashok
                      Jun 19, 2016 at 3:15 am
                      please tell me about businerss plan
                        Amandeep singh
                        May 28, 2016 at 7:28 am
                        Contact number
                          Ashoky Ashokkumar
                          Jul 18, 2016 at 5:17 am
                          Ashok komar..from..Noida..Sektr..49 ..g..b....Ngr..job....aplayi..drivar...ashokbuland19@ gmail..8512002541
                            jagdish
                            Jun 7, 2016 at 3:15 am
                            i laik it ola plan
                              Sreejith
                              Jul 24, 2016 at 5:22 pm
                              I am interested plzzz inform to me 7034711136
                                Mrs Blessing
                                Oct 5, 2016 at 5:12 am
                                Testimony of how i got a loano,My Name Is Mrs Blessing Tome I want You all To be careful because nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get financial help.Any answer of a loan lender to your question,you MUST ignore,because they are SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars…well thank God for LEWIS HARRY LOAN COMPANY that i was referred to by a friend of mine,who is his name,Mr LEWIS HARRY.They made my life a valuable one,and gave it a meaning and also put a smile on my face.I was approved loan of $180,000.00 USD in 24HOURS after meeting up to their necessary requirements,my loan was deposited in my bank account.Though I was very nervous with the loan company at the first place due to my previous bad experiences,especially when the issue of me settling the transfer charges came up,I hold on to my faith due to the fact that my friend referred me.due to my friend directed me i obe to their terms and condition of the loan,little did I know that my financial problem has come to an end .If not for that quick referral from a relative of that genuine source ,I would have regretted my total life,because at that point in time I just divorced the mother of my daughter,and my daughter (Bellina) was faced with a ” between life and death ” situation ..I was faced with her hospital bills and was also faced with foreclosure at my apartment.to summarize it all i got my desired loan of $180,000.00 USD . i promise him to bring as many people as much for her kindness.she is a God fearing man.Their charge is very affordable and reliable compare to many out there,their interest rates just 3% .NOTE:You MUST have a good and liable income source) His Name is MR LEWIS HARRY Feel free to email him at via Email: ” and you will be free from scams.please don't email him if you not interested. Kindly be informed that loan will be given to you in any country you reside in the world.
                                  maneet singh
                                  Jul 15, 2016 at 7:44 am
                                  Want a job in your company
                                    manish