Amazon Great Indian sale Day 1: Amazon.in was the first to get its Great Indian Festival Sale going from October 1 and it has made a huge impact with customers rushing to be the first to corner the best deals on offer by the ecommerce major. According to Amazon, this was its ‘biggest day ever in India’. Considering that both Flipkart Big Billion Days sale and Snapdeal sale will start just a day later on October 2, the interest in what Amazon had to offer was understandably huge. Of immense interest to the consumers was the 50% discount on gaming consoles and this caused a massive 250X increase in sales of Microsoft X-Box. Check out the other numbers and the products here:
What kick-started the #GreatIndianFestival sale was popular fiction writer Chetan Bhagat’s novel ‘One Indian Girl’ at midnight on 1st October, which went on to create a record as the largest pre-order for any book across categories on Amazon.in. Chetan Bhagat then went and personally (hand-delivered) a few of the pre-orders. As far as the rest of the pre-orders were concerned, Amazon says as many as 70% were delivered on launch day, while all Amazon Prime customers got it on Day 1 itself. Check out how the sale fared across categories:
Amazon.in’s Biggest Day Ever in India
* More Unique Visitors in half a day than all 5 days of Diwali Sale in 2015
* Biggest Day Sales in Multiple Categories Across Consumer Electronics, Large Appliances, Fashion, Consumables
* Over 100,000 units sold in under 30 minutes starting midnight
Among the other highlights of the day were:
* Day 1 of Amazon sale was the biggest day for the CE category and smartphones in particular.
* Those brands which were exclusively available on Amazon saw a spike in sales of 7x with Moto G Plus and Xiaomi Redmi racing into top-sellers list
* There was a jump in demand for hard – 20x.
* Biggest day ever for large appliances category as it exceeded a month’s sale on day 1 itself
* Growth in Washing Machine and AC was 20x
* Sales of TV spiked 19x with 32inch and 43 inch TVs being the most popular choices
* Amazon Fashion logged a 6x growth during the Great Indian Festival
* Joya Alukkas and Gitanjali sold the most units while precious jewellery saw a 6x jump
* While Home & Kitchen category logged a 10X growth, small appliances sales growth saw a 8x jump and the most popular categories turned out to be Bajaj and Philips irons, mixer grinder, and microwaves. In fact, microwaves saw a 30x growth in demand