In a shocking incident of murder, Haryanvi singer Harshita Dahiya was shot dead by unidentified assailants at Chamrara village in Haryana’s Panipat district. As the news of her killing broke out, Harshita Dahiya became one of the hottest topics on internet. Here are things to know about the singer and her murder case:-
– She was 22
– Harshita was living in Narela in Delhi.
– Harshita Dahiya was shot when she was on her way back home in a car at around 4 PM after her performance at a function in Chamrara village in Haryana’s Panipat district, PTI reported.
– When she was returning, a black car overtook her vehicle near Chamrara and forced it to stop
– Two unidentified youths asked the two assistants and the driver of the singer to come out of the car and later shot her in the vehicle, PTI reported.
– The assailants fired seven bullets and six bullets hit Harshita’s forehead and neck, resulting in her death on the spot
– Youths fled the scene after killing her.
A murder case had been registered in this regard and investigations were underway.
According to a report in The Indian Express, Panipat SP Rahul Sharma said they suspected the role of a gangster named Dinesh. Harshita Dahiya had earlier filed a complaint against Dinesh. This man is currently lodged in Tihar jail. Dinesh is accused of murdering Dahiya’s mother. Harshita Dahiya is an eyewitness in her mother’s murder case.