Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Venkaiah Naidu on Friday asked the Jammu and Kashmir government to take immediate steps to stop the broadcast of Pakistani channels in the state, according to PTI. This comes in wake of the launch of one of the biggest combing operations in Kashmir in 15 years on Thursday. The region has seen violence being perpetrated by stone pelters in the Valley amidst the cross-border infiltration by terrorists and regular ceasefire violations by Pakistan. Stone pelters have even caused interruptions to the operations of the armed forces in the Valley.
Earlier today, the security forces and police had launched a massive combing and cordon opeartion in the South KAshmir’s Shopian district. Speaking to the Indian Express, one of the senior army official had said, “an operation “of this magnitude has not been undertaken in Kashmir in at least the last 15 years.” “The combing operation is going on as some banks were looted and some policemen have been killed. It has been launched to ensure that the situation is brought under control. These operations are carried out regularly,” he added.
These opeartions come fater a series of attacks by terrorists on the Indian security forces. Yesterday, a army patrol had been attcked by terrorists. Meanwhile, the senior official told IE, “A cordon operation of this magnitude has not been undertaken in Kashmir in at least the last 15 years… The purpose of the operation is to exert pressure on militants and force them to move out of their comfort zone. The ravines and orchards around Rambiara river provide ideal hideouts for militants, and they will not be able to congregate and move in large groups now.”