1. Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath led-government to build 11,286 homes in first phase under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna scheme

Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath led-government to build 11,286 homes in first phase under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna scheme

The Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to build as many as 11,286 homes in 32 cities of the state in the first phase under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna

By: | New Delhi | Published: May 19, 2017 10:18 PM
Yogi Adityanath (ANI)

The Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to build as many as 11,286 homes in 32 cities of the state in the first phase under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY), said an official advertisement which was released on Friday. As per it, about Rs, 384.59 crore will be spent for the construction of these houses, meant for those with annual income less than Rs 3 lakh. Around 20 lakh people have submitted applications for these houses. The release further added that while the Centre will spend 60 percent, remaining 40 percent will be the state government for the construction of these houses.

In April, the Centre had approved construction of over one lakh more houses for urban poor with an investment of Rs 4,200 crore under the PMAY (Urban), a PTI report said. With this, the Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) Ministry had given the construction of over 18.75 lakh houses for Economically Weaker Sections in 2,151 cities and towns across the country since the launch of the scheme in June 2015, an official release said.

Madhya Pradesh had got the highest number of 57,131 houses. It was followed by Tamil Nadu, where the Centre had given its clearance for 24,576 affordable houses.

You may also like to watch this video

Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25, June 2015, the PTI report said. Earlier, the yojna which was known as ‘Housing for all’ – it was brought with an aim to provide affordable housing solutions. The scheme incorporates building of 2 crore houses across the country. The yojna, which mainly covers poor sections, include Low-Income Groups(LIG) and Economically Weaker Sections(EWS) of urban areas. According to the news agency, 7 years have been given for the completion of the work under PMAY.

  1. No Comments.

Go to Top