Congress today tore into the Narendra Modi government over an array of issues. During a media interaction on the occasion of completion of 3 years in office of Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government at the Centre, Congress leaders listed ‘failures’. Party Vice President Rahul Gandhi even asked the BJP-led government at the Centre about what it was celebrating after three years in power, as all it had to show for this time were “broken promises” and “non-performance”. Here are 10 attacks on Modi government that Congress carried out:
1. Congress raked up the much-debated issue of ‘intolerance’ to flay the Modi government. The party claimed that if someone discusses intolerance in India, that person is be termed ‘Deshdrohi’.
Watch this video
2. Pointing to alleged farmer suicides and poor condition of the agrarian community in the country, Congress claimed that the government is busy in focusing on ‘sensitive’ issues instead of solving urgent matters.
3. The party has taken a dig at the central government over India’s recent rows with Pakistan and China.
4. Congress also criticised the Centre over the killing of jawans at the border and frequent incidents of ceasefire violations.
5. Congress flayed the government over the Jammu and Kashmir situation.
6. Talking about the internal security issue, Congress claimed under PM Modi’s tenure several terrorist attacks had taken place in Kashmir. There were several attacks that targetted security establishments, it said. On Naxalite attacks, Congress said the government lacks policies to deal with such attacks.
7. Congress also criticised PM Modi over his ‘sudden’ visit to Pakistan.
8. Congress alleged that BJP government at the Centre talks about ‘nationalism’ but ‘does not think about people’ of the country.
9. Talking about women sucurity issue, Congress said recent incidents in BJP-ruled states showed the real picture
10. Congress also reiterated the suit-boot ki sarkar” jibe against Narendra Modi and said the ‘unemployment’ in the country proves that the PM has failed on youth.
Meanwhile, the BJP-led NDA government had planned to come out with narratives to counter political allegations on its various policies as it prepares a report card on the eve of its third anniversary. “The government will present a three-year report card to the people on the eve of its anniversary. Taking note of the criticism, it will also come out with counter narratives,” according to PTI report.