3 years of Narendra Modi government: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah, while addressing the media today, praised the steps taken by the government since it came to power in 2014. He reminded everyone of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s promise of working for every section of society and hailed the efforts that have been made so far. He said that the government has been working in a way that will not allow any Opposition party to point a finger at it. Talking about the achievements of the government, he said not only did the schemes like ‘One Rank, One Pension’ were passed but it also took brave steps like demonetisation and initiated other economic reforms across sectors.
Shah then went to list the achievements of the current government while stating that certain things that were not achieved in the 70 years since Independence have been attained in these 3 years. While praising the Indian army, he said it displayed valour through surgical strikes, and PM Narendra Modi showed political will too.
Watch the full address here:
While listing out other achievements of the government Amit Shah said:
1. In 2016-17, the most number of cars, two-wheelers and roads were built in the country.
2. He said by fulfilling the promise of OROP, the Bharatiya Janata Party has disbursed about Rs 8,000 crore to the veterans.
3. He said India has become one of the fastest growing economies and even inflation has been contained.
4. Amit Shah said BJP has worked very hard to provide electricity to villages. He said more than 13,000 villages have been electrified in last three years.
5. We have established ourselves as a Global leader by establishing 104 satellites in the sky, he said.
When asked about the meeting of opposition leaders called by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Shah refused to comment by saying there are allowed to make their own efforts. Talking about the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, he said Yogi Adityanath government has taken some strong steps and soon the situation will improve.