Much has been debated and discussed about the surgical strikes- a term which has become synonymous with the country’s armed forces’ success. However, one of the men, who was responsible for planning and executing the surgical strikes across the LoC, on Tuesday did not wish to divulge much on the issue. Lt. General Satish Dua, GOC 15 Corps said, appropriate authorities have given out their opinion, I obviously don’t have any different point of view.” He also sent ou a warning, saying, “Indian army is prepared to deal with any misadventure from across the LoC.”
Controversy erupted after a section of politicos across the country asked for the proof of the preemptive surgical strikes carried out by Army across LoC in PoK destroying terror launchpads.
Earlier this month, top generals of the army’s northern command took stock of the security preparedness and the prevailing situation along the LoC. Lt Gen DS Hooda, the Northern Army Commander, GOC 15 Corps Lt Gen Satish Dua, state chief secretary, DGP and other senior officials were present at the meeting.
General Hooda discussed the “entire gamut” of operational readiness along the LoC with General Dua, said an army spokesperson in a statement. They also reviewed the security measures taken along the LoC as well as the hinterland, the statement added.
The army officials had lauded the strategic 15 Corps, the Chinar. The official also lauded the 15 Corps for the “high-degree of professionalism” shown by all ranks involved in the planning and execution of the strikes across the LoC, the statement said.