Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre revealed on Friday that surgical strike carried out by India in Pakistan was a prepared move after taking very specific and very definite inputs on possible attacks on the country. He stated this in the Lok Sabha session on Monday and mentioned that government went ahead with the strategy with absolute precision and the targets were completely destroyed. The government also took measures to ensure that no casualties are suffered by the Indian forces.
“When we received the specific and very definite inputs across the border that there were several terrorist teams positioned at the launch pads, ready to carry out a strike in Jammu and Kashmir and other parts of country…our Army conducted a surgical strike with precision without causing any casualty on our side, but causing destruction of terrorists and people supporting them,” he said.He added that in 2016 and 2015 there was a total of 228 and 152 ceasefire violations respectively by Pakistan which forced India to take strong steps. He also mentioned that in 2016, India stopped 27 infiltration bids by killing 37 terrorists.
You may also want to watch:
The opposition attacked that India’s defence budget in proportion to GDP has come down but Bhamre said that it is not right to judge defence spending in terms of economic output. Union Finance and Defence Minister Arun Jaitley also mentioned earlier that Indian forces are ready to deal with any threat to the country.
Subhash Bhamre’s response came after MP Jyotiraditya Scindia remarks. He criticised the government for not allotting enough money to defence forces. “Our Army is not getting new weapons. The budget for them is not adequate, and still, all of it is not being spent. Rs 7,000 crore of capital expenditure has been returned and Rs 13,000 crore was returned in the preceding year. This impression should not go that procurement is not happening,” he said.