After inaugurating a photo exhibition on the life of former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi at the Nehru-Gandhi family ancestral home in Allahabad, Congress president Sonia Gandhi today spoke about the impact of Indira Gandhi in her personal and political carreer. In her first television interview in nine years, with Rajdeep Sardesai for India Today, Sonia had a detailed conversation about the her mother-in-law, her influence on the congress president’s decision to join politics and the present political scenario in the country.
Stating that there is no comparission between the present Prime Minister of the country, Narendra Modi, with the historic PM Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, a part of the Gandhi dynasty, mostly engaged in politics, said that she is not bothered by the fact that many draw a comparision between the two Prime Minister relating them with strong personalities.
While Sonia Gandhi also claimed that their party will win the majority in the next elctions to defeat the Modi-government, here are the top five quotes by the Congress president, during her interview, today:
1) “It does not trouble me when someone says Narendra Modi is like Indira Gandhi because there is no comparison.”
2) “At home, Indira Gandhi was completely the opposite of how world saw her. She was very gentle and understanding.”
3) “I would not have been in politics if I was not the daughter-in-law of Indira Gandhi.”
4) “Everyone in my family has been influenced by Indira Gandhi in different ways.”
5) “We will come back in power with all the seats required to form a majority in the parliament. In politics you win or loose, come up with power or go down, is part of life.”