The political crisis in Tamil Nadu had gone from bad to worse since last few days. Since the day interim chief minister O Pannerselvam had revealed that he was pressurised to resign, all had broke loose, with party leaders either supporting Sasikala on Pannerselvam. In a major development yesterday the Supreme Court had asked her to surrender with immediate affect. Early morning today, it had also rejected her plea seeking time to surrender owing to ill health. Here are top five developments so far:
1) Sasikala left for Bengaluru to surrender in court. Before leaving for Bengaluru she visited Jayalalithaa’s memorial.
WATCH VIDEO |
2) Supreme Court had rejected her plea seeking time on health grounds. In a major setback for Sasikala, the apex court had yesterday asked her to surrender in the DA case, in which she was co-accused along with Jayalalithaa, who is now no more.
3) Earlier in the day, Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi had called the vedict as “pathbraking”. He had also said that the Supreme Court’s vedict showed that corruption in high places cannot work. He added that the final majority, even within the party can only be on House floor. Rohatagi also eaxpected the position to be cleared in next 2-3 days.
4) In a major boost for O Pannerselvam last night, Jailalithaa’s niece Deepa joined his camp.
WATCH VIDEO |
5) Yesterday, Sasikala’s camp elected E Palanisami as new legislative leader of the party, who had then met the governor to stake claim to form the government in Tamil Nadu.