Ryan International School murder case: In a major setback to Ryan Group, the Bombay High Court has rejected pre-arrest bail pleas of Augustine Pinto, Grace Pinto and Ryan Pinto in the death case of a seven-year-old class 2 student, who was found with his throat slit in the school washroom last week. According to news agency PTI, the court, on Thursday, granted interim protection to three Ryan Group trustees from arrest till Friday for filing an appeal. However, the court clarified that the interim protection will only be given if all the three of them submit their passports to Mumbai Police Commissioner by 9 pm on Thursday, as per ANI.
The Pintos had approached the high court seeking transit anticipatory bail apprehending arrest in connection with the murder of the boy, as per a PTI report. They had sought pre-arrest bail till they could move the court concerned in Haryana. “The applications… stand rejected. The interim relief granted to them earlier shall continue till tomorrow 5 pm,” the judge said.
Meanwhile, in the wake of the killing of the child, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued an advisory to all its school for the safety of children. The board in its circular said, “As the children are spending most of their time in school, the concern of parents about the safety of school children is increasing every other day regarding their physical safety, mental & emotional health or child abuse owing to increasing incidents involving safety and well-being of school children. The onus for safety and security of children in school campus shall solely lie upon the school authorities. It is a fundamental right of a child to engage and study in an environment where he/she feels safe and is free from any form of physical or emotional abuse or harassment.”