Imagine this. How much money did the godman of bling, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh have in his bank accounts? Not Rs 5 cr, nor even Rs 10 cr. The amount is a humongous Rs 74 cr! In fact, to be exact, it is Rs 74.96 cr. The rape case convict Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh led Dera has Rs 74.96 crore in 473 accounts in multiple banks. These are all savings and term deposit accounts. Out of these accounts, Ram Rahim alone has Rs 7.72 crore in 12 bank accounts, while his closest aide Honeypreet Singh has over Rs 1 crore in six bank accounts. Besides them, an amount of just under Rs 50 crore is held in 20 accounts in the name of Hakikat Entertainment, Ram Rahim’s film production unit, as per The Indian Express. According to the report, these details are of 504 bank accounts held by Ram Rahim, his daughters Amarpreet and Charanpreet, son Jasmeet, their spouses, “adopted daughter” Honeypreet, Dera Sacha Sauda Trust and its affiliated bodies.
The data has been compiled after the Dera chief sentenced to 20 years of imprisonment and the Punjab and Haryana High Court ordered both the Haryana and Punjab governments to evaluate the sect’s movable and immovable assets. Ram Rahim’s conviction was followed by a massive violence that damaged public property. After which the court had warned the Dera that the cost of damage would be recovered from its assets. Following the order of the court, The Manohar Lal Khattar led-Haryana government has also compiled a list of the Dera’s properties across the state.
And notably, according to it, the Dera owns immovable assets worth a whopping Rs 1,435 crore just in Sirsa district.
Here are the details of several bank accounts:
– Out of Ram Rahim’s 12 bank accounts in Sirsa district, 11 are fixed deposits in HDFC Bank. While one of these has Rs 1.50 crore, the deposits in the remaining accounts vary from Rs 35 lakh to Rs 95 lakh, said the Indian Express report. His current account has a balance of Rs 15.19 lakh.
– Absconding Honeypreet has six bank accounts in the Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) in Sirsa. They include four cumulative deposit accounts, having the deposit of Rs 50 lakh, Rs 40 lakh, Rs 3.16 lakh and Rs 10 lakh, in each. Rest two are savings account having Rs 64,225 and Rs 3,530, respectively.
– Ram Rahim’s daughter Charanpreet has a total of Rs 90,341 in three OBC accounts, while her husband has Rs 21,515.
– Another Ram Rahim daughter Amarpreet has Rs 7.24 lakh in her savings account.
– Out of Hakikat Entertainment’s 20 bank accounts, 13 are fixed deposit accounts with a credit balance of Rs 48 crore, six are cumulative deposit accounts with a balance of 1.04 crore, and one is a current account with Rs 18.17 lakh.