1. Bomb threat at New Delhi Railway Station: Authorities launch massive search operation covering all trains

Bomb threat at New Delhi Railway Station: Authorities launch massive search operation covering all trains

Following a bomb threat on Monday, the New Delhi Railway station authorities along with Railways police carried out searches in all the trains that arrived and departed the station.

By: | New Delhi | Updated: August 21, 2017 10:51 AM
Following a bomb threat on Monday, the New Delhi Railway station authorities along with Railways police carried out searches in all the trains that arrived and departed the station. (Source: IE)

Following a bomb threat on Monday, the New Delhi Railway station authorities along with Railways police carried out searches in all the trains that arrived and departed the station, as per IANS report. A senior railway official told IANS that the call was received at 4.10 am. The call said that there was a bomb placed inside one of the trains at the station, the official added. Northern Railway spokesperson Neeraj Sharma told IANS that the Government Railway Police (GRP) and the Railway Protection Force (RPF) accompanied by the dog squad was carrying out the searches. The report added that the searches are still going on.

Meanwhile, earlier on August 17, the Delhi High Court was put on high alert after the police received a bomb threat call, reported ANI. As soon as the police received the call, it rushed to the spot and took charge of the situation. ANI reported that SWAT teams, fire tenders, and bomb squads had also arrived at the spot. Moreover, NDTV reported that the call was traced to a number in western Uttar Pradesh. The call was received by a PCR van from North East Delhi’s Bhajanpura. Earlier in September 2011, a blast took place outside the Delhi High Court killing 11 people while 80 others were left injured.

WATCH|

According to an India Today report of September 7, 2011, the bomb was placed in a briefcase and ripped through a crowded reception area at the entrance of the Delhi High Court. Back then, the incident had taken place around 10:15 am outside Gate Number 5 close to the reception area where visitors had lined up for entry passes. The responsibility for that blast was taken by a terrorist group named Harkat-ul-Jihad through an e-mail.

  1. No Comments.

Go to Top