Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi is in BJP bastion Gujarat on a three-day visit. This is the home state of PM Narendra Modi, In his speeches, Rahul Gandhi left no stone unturned to try and convince the masses that the Modi governemnt at Centre and BJP dispensation in state will not be able to deliver on various economic fronts. Gandhi, on Monday, while interacting with students in Vadodara, launched a full-fledged attack on the Modi government. He slammed the government on issues such as job growth, price-hike of fuels and more. It is pretty evident that with the assembly elections getting closer, Rahul’s attack has become more sharp and pointed. So, here are few highlights of his quotes during the interaction with students:
1. Modiji’s focus isn’t on job. This is not acceptable. People are taking made in China selfies these days. I want people in China to take made in India selfies.
2. Petrol is getting dearer in spite of a dip in their prices in the international market. I don’t know to whom he is shifting the benefits to. In fact, I know, but I am being polite by not saying the names.
3. The whole idea of GST was one tax, one nation but this GST with five tax slabs is a flawed GST. Conceptually, it is not a GST, it is something else.
4. Gujarat government is only focussed on privatisation. It has destroyed the public education systems. If public schools are run in an effective manner, then rates of private schools will automatically come down.
5. If you don’t think policies strategically, you will end up hurting many (referring to the incumbent government’s push to the cashless economy). The government must leave space for choices and not bulldoze ideas on everyone.
During the course of his campaign on Monday, Rahul Gandhi stopped at various places and interacted with the locals of many areas. Both BJP and Congress have shifted gears and intensified attacks on each other in the poll-bound Gujarat. However, these words by Rahul truly stand apart.