Saying that MNS will not block Karan Johar’s movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, MNS Supremo Raj Thackeray has said that every producer with cast Pakistani artists in their movies will have to give Rs 5 crore to Army relief fund. He said that this is a ‘victory’ and added that producers will have to provide in writing that they will not take Pakistani actors in their movies from now on. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis chaired a meeting today on October 22 with Ae Dil Hai Mushkil film director Karan Johar and MNS Chief Raj Thackeray regarding the release of the film. “We will not oppose ADHM’s release,” MNS told after the meeting of Raj Thackeray with CM Devendra Fadnavis and producers.
Film producer Mukesh Bhatt was also present at the meeting. “Filmmaker Karan Johar has decided to put a special mention paying homage to martyrs at the beginning of his film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’,” Mukesh Bhatt said after the meeting. Mahesh Bhatt has also assured CM Fadnavis the Producer’s Guild’s decision to not work with Pakistani artists in the future. Bhatt had earlier met Union home minister Rajnath Singh and said that he had assured full support for the release of the film.
Chief Minister Fadnavis earlier on Thursday had assured Karan Johar that the state government will make sure that the film Ae Dil hai Mushkil will have a smooth release, even though it has been facing threat from MNS due to featuring a Pakistani actor in it. When Karan Johar called CM Fadnavis, he had said, “The state government would like to reaffirm that the government will not allow anyone to disturb law and order and stern action will be taken. The Democratic protest is fine but unlawful activity will not be tolerated.”
Seeking to calm tempers over opposition to the release of his directorial venture, Johar had earlier made a fervent appeal against stalling the release, saying he will not engage with talent from Pakistan in future.The MNS and some other political parties had opposed the release of films with Pakistan actors following the Uri terror attack, which put a question mark on the film slated for release on October 28.