1. Police give clean chit to Shah Rukh in Wankhede brawl case

Police give clean chit to Shah Rukh in Wankhede brawl case

A local activist had filed a private complaint in the court here with regard to the incident, seeking action against Khan for abusing security personnels of the stadium.

By: | Mumbai | Published: October 5, 2016 1:17 AM
 A local activist had filed a private complaint in the court here with regard to the incident, seeking action against Khan for abusing security personnels of the stadium. (PTI) A local activist had filed a private complaint in the court here with regard to the incident, seeking action against Khan for abusing security personnels of the stadium. (PTI)

The Mumbai police have informed a metropolitan magistrate’s court that no ‘cognisable offence’ was made out against Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in connection with a brawl at the Wankhede stadium here after an IPL match in 2012.

“After the investigation, it was found that no cognisable offence had taken place,” said a police report filed in the court recently. A local activist had filed a private complaint in the court here with regard to the incident, seeking action against Khan for abusing security personnels of the stadium. Police said in the report that they recorded the actor’s statement, and he denied the allegations.

Khan told the police that after his team Kolkata Knight Riders won the match that day, his children and their friends entered the ground and the security guard Vikas Dalvi asked them to leave.

According to Khan, he only told Dalvi that the children were with him, and nobody should touch them. His business manager then took the children out of the stadium. The actor told police that he got angry when someone spoke to him in indecent language.

The complainant, Amit Maru, had earlier filed a petition against him in the High Court in 2008, but the court’s verdict went in Shah Rukh’s favour, the actor said in the statement to the police, alleging that Maru may have filed the present complaint only for publicity. Following the incident, the Mumbai Cricket Association had imposed a five-year ban on Shah Rukh which was lifted last year.

Please Wait while comments are loading...

Go to Top