Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to visit the city of Varanasi for his two-day tour starting from Friday. During his visit to the city which is also his Lok Sabha constituency on September 22 and 23, the Prime Minister will inaugurate several infrastructure projects, address public meetings and hold an interaction with Muslim women, according to a senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, as quoted by PTI. As per BJP’s eastern Uttar Pradesh media in-charge, Sanjay Bhardwaj, “Modi would open the second phase of a trade facilitation centre for weavers and handicraft workers in Bada-Lalpur near here on September 22.”
Here is a list of things that will be the prime focus areas of Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his two-day visit-
1. PM Narendra Modi will flag off the country’s third Mahamana Express from his Lok Sabha constituency of Varanasi to Vadodara on September 22. Senior railway officials while talking about the new train said that the train will run from Vadodara (Gujarat) to Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) after the PM will green flags it using a remote control. The new weekly train will run from Varanasi every Friday and from Vadodara every Wednesday. The 1,531-km journey between the two cities will take 27 hours, 30 minutes at an average speed of 55.7 km/hr, ministry officials said.
2. On the same day itself, PM Modi would open the second phase of a trade facilitation centre for weavers and handicraft workers in Bada-Lalpur in Varanasi.
3. After the opening of the trade facilitation centre, Modi will head for the Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) Ground, where he will inaugurate nearly 17 infrastructure projects, including the Ramnagar-Samne Ghat bridge and the Balua Ghat bridge.
4. Certificates to beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be distributed and the foundation stone of nearly seven projects will be laid down.
5. PM Modi will address a public meeting which will be followed by an interaction with a gathering of nearly 700 Muslim women at the DLW auditorium. Several madrassa students will also be felicitated by the PM.
6. On the evening of September 22, PM Modi is likely to visit the famous Assi Ghat and participate in a ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme.
7. On September 23, the PM will address a gathering of farmers in Rohaniya, on the outskirts of Varanasi.
8. Loan waiver certificates will be distributed by PM Narendra Modi to some farmers, whose loans have been waived by the BJP-led Uttar Pradesh government. After the address, PM will leave for Delhi.