Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release a roadmap for the conservation of Narmada river at Amarkantak in Madhya Pradesh on Monday, said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. The Narmada river conservation campaign was launched in December last year with the commencement of a yatra (journey) to create awareness to rejuvenate and improve the health of this river that flows over a length of 1,312 km before draining through the Gulf of Khambhat into the Arabian Sea. It is an “xcellent mass movement to protect the Narmada and conveys a larger message of saving the environment as well,” posted PM Modi on his Twitter account today. On the conclusion of it, Modi will release a roadmap of things to be done in a phased manner for the revival of this holy river. According to an official associated with the yatra, elaborate security arrangements have been made for the prime minister’s visit, reported news agency PTI.
Here are five things you should know:
– The roadmap for the conservation of Narmada river will be unveiled at the place where the water body originates at Amarkantak in Anooppur district in MP.
WATCH | PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian Origin Tamil Community at Norwood, Sri Lanka
– The day will mark the conclusion of ‘Namami Devi Narmade Sewa Yatra’, which was started on December 11, 2016 from Amarkantak and covered a distance of 3,344 km and pass through over 1,100 villages/towns with participation from saints, villagers, politicians, film actors and activists, CM chouhan had said.
– A number of prominent personalities, including Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, BJP president Amit Shah, Union ministers Rajnath Singh, Uma Bharti and Anil Madhav Dave, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and well-known water conservationist Rajendra Singh, among others, had taken part in the yatra during different phases. According to Madhya Pradesh CM Chouhan, the roadmap has been prepared after a wide-ranging consultation with various stakeholders, including environmentalists, river conservation experts and people directly associated with Narmada river.
WATCH | E-governance is easy, effective and economical, says PM Narendra Modi
– As per the itinerary of PM Narendra Modi, he will arrive at Amarkantak in the afternoon. After releasing the roadmap, he will also take part in ‘Narmada Pujan’ and address a gathering, an official associated with the yatra told PTI.
– The live telecast of Narmada Seva Yatra programme can be watched on mobile phones on Narendra Modi app, shared PM Modi on his Twitter account.