PM Narendra Modi in his 35th edition of Mann Ki Baat programme strongly condemned acts of violence. Addressing the nation in his popular radio programme, PM Modi said, “On one hand we await our festivals but on the other hand, when we hear about instances of violence, it is natural to be worried. India is the land of Mahatma Gandhi and Lord Buddha. Violence is not acceptable in the nation, in any form.” Moreover, slamming those who indulge in violence, PM Modi said, This comes a day after Dera Sacha Sauda followers indulged in arson, vandalism and other acts of violence in Punjab and Haryana. “Those who take the law in their hands or take to violence will not be spared, whoever they are.” Also, PM Narendra Modi spoke on a number of other issues as well ranging from cleanliness in sports to many more. Here are some to the key statements given by PM Narendra Modi in Mann Ki Baat:-
– While talking about festivals, I want to say- Micchami Dukkadam. This is about values of forgiveness and compassion.”
– “India, a land of diversity. Our festivals are linked with nature and welfare of farmers. Let us make our festivals as much about cleanliness.”
– PM conveyed Onam greetings during Mann Ki Baat.
– “I am happy that festivals like Ganesh Utsav are being celebrated with a concern for the environment.”
– “Swachhata Hi Seva’- let us create a mass movement around this in the run up to Gandhi Jayanti & give renewed focus to cleanliness.Join the movement towards a clean India.”
– “It is important to trust our citizens. We have to trust the poor of India.”
– PM greets sports enthusiasts on National Sports Day and calls for increased participation in sporting activities.
– “Playing field over play stations…play on the computer but go out and play first. India welcomes all teams coming here for the FIFA U-17 World Cup.”
– “Was very proud to meet the team that is sailing across the world on INSV Tarini. Share your good wishes to them on the NM App. ”
– “A pledge on Teachers Day. Teachers have a big role in transforming people’s lives.”
– PM spoke on the exemplary success of the Government’s financial inclusion initiatives.
FULL VIDEO of PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat:-
— PIB India (@PIB_India) August 27, 2017
This was 35th edition of Mann Ki Baat.
Followers of Ram Rahim went on the rampage in Panchkula and some other parts of Haryana on last Friday after a CBI court convicted him of rape.