1. No report of Indian casualty in Manchester Arena attack, tweets Sushma Swaraj; says keeping ‘close watch’ on situation

No report of Indian casualty in Manchester Arena attack, tweets Sushma Swaraj; says keeping ‘close watch’ on situation

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has said that there is "no report of an Indian casualty" so far in the terror attack at the Manchester Arena in the UK

By: | Updated: May 23, 2017 5:08 PM
Manchester Arena terror attack live, Manchester Arena blast live updates, sushma swaraj, indian injured in manchester attack, sushma swaraj tweet, narendra modi, pm modi, pm modi on Manchester attack, Ariana grande concert, terrorist attack, blast during Ariana grande concert, UK blast, UK concert blast, Manchester blast, Manchester Arena blast, Ariana grande concert, terrorist attack, manchester terrorist attack, blast during Ariana grande concert, UK blast, UK concert blast Manchester Arena terror attack: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj assured that the ministry is keeping a “close watch” on the situation. (Reuters)

Manchester Arena terror attack: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has said that there is “no report of an Indian casualty” so far in the terror attack at the Manchester Arena in the UK, which claimed at least 22 lives on Tuesday. She further assured that the ministry is keeping a “close watch” on the situation. According to PTI reports, a powerful blast ripped through a crowded arena hosting US star Ariana Grande’s pop concert in the English city of Manchester. The terror attack has been dubbed as one of the deadliest in the UK. It has at left least 50 people injured besides taking toll of many lives. After the incident, Swaraj, in a tweet, mentioned, “So far there is no report of an Indian casualty in the #Manchester attack. We are keeping a close watch on the situation.”

WATCH | ‘Evil Losers’ Murdered Manchester Victims, says US President Donald Trump

Hours before this, Swaraj also shared a tweet mentioning a helpline number for Indians who may have been injured, if any, during the attack. She retweeted the post of High Commission of India in London saying, “Any Indians injured during Manchester attack today may reach off-office hours Public Response Unit of HCI ASAP at 020 7632 3035.” She also retweeted a post sharing Manchester police emergency number for the victims of the attack. “Manchester police emergency number is also available for those affected by the attack: 0161 856 9400”, read the tweet.

Also read | Manchester Arena terror attack live updates

President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi also expressed grief over the attack. “Shocked to hear of Manchester blast; condolences to families of deceased & prayers for injured” wrote the President. He also said that “India stands by Government and people of UK in this hour of distress”.

The PM, who is on two-day visit to Gujarat, also expressed his pain. In a tweet, he wrote, “Pained by the attack in Manchester. We strongly condemn it. Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased & prayers with the injured.” While Rahul Gandhi tweeted, “Strongly condemn the terror attack in Manchester.Absolutely shocked&saddened by the loss of lives&suffering caused by the senseless violence”.

  1. No Comments.

Go to Top