Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has addressed the 71st United Nations General Assembly in U.S today. In a speech spanning 20 minutes, he accused India of sponsoring terrorism. But his claims were based on inaccurate facts. The Pakistan Prime Minister’s speech lacks the conviction and it is more of Nawaz ‘Kashmir’rant. Here are some basic fallacies in his speech.
1. Calls terrorist Burhan Wani a ‘martyr’: The 21-year-old Hizbul Mujahideen commander was killed in an encounter by Indian Army.
2. Justifies terrorism in his speech.
3. India imposed unacceptable preconditions for talks, blaming India for talks not happening
4. Pakistan is a victim of terrorism
5. Terror is being sponsored by Indian forces.
6. Forgets to mention Pakistan sponsored terrorism.