In a major setback for the Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi, the Delhi High Court on Friday morning ordered a probe against the two senior leaders in the National Herald Case, reported news channels Republic TV. Apart from this the channel also reported that Young India firm will also face an investigation in the matter. The firm had earlier moved the Supreme Court to stall the case. Reacting to the news, BJP leader Sambit Patra said this is a major setback for Congress party and both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi should come forward.’
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, Patiala House court allowed investigation of Gandhis in the case, which was challenged at Delhi HC, reported news agency ANI. Senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy who was leading the fight while speaking to Republic TV said Sonia and Rahul Gandhi were involved in political irregularities and fraud. He said Gandhis took money from party funds and thought no one will question them as they come from the Gandhi family. He added that both the leaders have violated I-T norms. While speaking to the channel Subramanian Swamy also asked, “Why worry if you have nothing to hide?” Meanwhile, BJP spokesperson, Nalin Kohli responded by saying, “As citizens we are all complied to follow the law, now it’s on them how they will follow the law.”
In 2012, Subramanian Swamy had filed a complaint in the trial court alleging that Congress leaders were involved in cheating and breach of trust in the acquisition of Associated Journals Ltd (AJL) by Young Indian Pvt Ltd (YIL), as assets worth crores of rupees had been transferred to YIL. Swamy had alleged that Young India Firm which had Sonia and Rahul Gandhi had on its board of directors, had “taken over” over the assets of the defunct print media outlet in a “malicious” manner to gain profit and assets worth over Rs 2,000 crore.