Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Wednesday afternoon leave on a two-day visit to Russia to attend 16th Annual Summit meeting. Here are top 10 things to know about his itinerary/agenda:
1. The Summit would commence with a private dinner hosted by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
2. The Summit would begin on the second day with the Narendra Modi interacting with Russian and Indian CEOs.
3. The talks between the two countries at the highest level have been taking place alternately in Moscow and New Delhi since 2000.
4. Narendra Modi would also visit the Russian Emercon facility, which is an emergency disaster facility. He will be shown how the country handles civil disasters through this.
5. Prime Minister Modi will also meet Friends of India at the Moscow Expo Centre.
6. During the previous summit, the leaders of the two nations had discussed largely about expansion of economic ties.
7. Narendra Modi is then scheduled to address the Indian community, after which he would depart for India.
8. The two countries are aiming at enhancing annual bilateral trade to 30 billion dollars over the next ten years from current ten billion dollars. Besides bilateral issues, the two Prime Ministers are likely to deliberate on a number of global issues having political dimensions including the situation in Syria and ways to tackle terrorism.
9. Narendra Modi’s Russia visit is aimed at expanding the special and privileged strategic ties with a particular focus on nuclear energy, hydrocarbons, defence and trade.
10. During Narendra Modi visit India and Russia are likely to ink a number of pacts in a range of sectors including nuclear energy and defence. The two time-tested partners will focus on expanding economic ties.