Raising the issue of price rise and inflation in Lok Sabha, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday slammed the Narendra Modi-led government and said, “Modi ji, jitne khokhle vaade karne hai kariye. Par is house ko ek tareekh dedijiye jab market mein daam kam hojayenge (Mr. Modi, you are free to make as many false promises as you want but please give a date to this house when prices of dal will come down”. He further added, “Narendra Modi said that he doesn’t want to become the PM, instead he wants to be a watchman, but today he is a PM, he is a big personality, why will he be a watchman now? “PM Modi ne kaha tha ki mujhe PM na banao,ek chaukidaar banao. Aaj usi chaukidaar ki naak ke neeche dal ki chori ho rhi hai. Aab aap pradhan mantri ban gaye hain, bade aadmi ban gaye hain. Aap kyun chaukidaari karenge?”.
“You may start Stand Up India, Start Up India. But tell us when the prices of potato and tomato will come down”, he said. Taking a dig at PM Modi, Rahul said that there is a new slogan in villages nowadays which is ‘arhar Modi, arhar Modi’. Here are top five quotes from his speech:
1) Two months back the government celebrated two years of rule. But, not a word was spoken on prices of pulses, potato, tomato, he says. Prices of tomato has increased by three hundred per cent in two years, says the Congress vice-president.
2) Rahul Gandhi pointed out at BJP side and said, “may be you don’t go to market to buy provisions, so you don’t know”.
3) MSP of pulses has not been revised in these two years, but the prices of dal has gone up by Rs 100. Where is this money going, asked Rahul Gandhi.
4) UPA had written off the farm loans worth Rs 6,000 crore, but NDA had written off corporate loans worth Rs 1.14 lakh crore, he said.
5) You may start, Stand Up India, Start Up India. But tell us when the prices of potato and tomato will come down, he asked and ended the speech with ‘arhar Modi, arhar Modi.’