Delhi MCD elections are on the head, and candidates are trying to woo their voters at any cost. However, there are many Delhi voters, who due to their busy life styles, aren’t even aware of their wards and the candidates. The State Election Commission is all set to carry out the electoral exercise that will be spread over 13,000 booths spanning 272 wards. There are over 1.3 crore people who are eligible to vote in the polls and of them more than 1.1 lakh are first-time voters. The authorities are working in full swing to ensure smooth functioning on the day of the elections which will begin at 8 AM. Out of the 13,022 polling stations, police authorities have declared 3,284 as sensitive and 1,464 as hypersensitive. For the first time in MCD elections, None Of The Above (NOTA) option will be available.
For such people, we have prepared a complete guide
Here’s how to look for your candidate:
– Log on to sec.delhi.nic.in
– Click on MCD General Elections 2017
– In panel on left side of your screen, look for List of Contesting candidates’
– Select your corporation – North, South or East
– A page will appear with the name, address, party name and symbol of the candidates in each ward
– Scroll down for your ward and see the complete list
Here’s how to look for your ward:
-You may know your Polling Station by SMS – Type MCD space Voter ID number and SMS it to 7738299899.
-Know Your Polling Station For MCD 2017 Election – You will see a window, follow the instructions accordingly.
– Follow the required instructions, fill in the details like your Corporation name, Assembly Constituency no, voter name etc.
Exactly how things stand on the ground may not be clear, but in a recent assembly poll, the Aam Aadmi Party suffered a massive loss in the Rajouri Garden bypolls.