Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday attacked the Opposition parties for casting doubts on preemptive surgical strikes carried out by Indian Army across LoC. In a stern message to the country’s politicos, Parrikar said, “There are many people who are not loyal to our country and criticised Indian army”. Rejecting any possibility of releasing the video of the operation, Parrikar said, “…we don’t have to give them any proof”, an ANI report said. Reiterating India’s stance against terror and Pakistan, the Defence Minister said, “We carried out a 100% perfect surgical strike, our nation carries the heart and courage to carry this task out”. He also said that India is prepared to counter any cross-border threat.
“Some ex-servicemen wrote to me and said that they are ready to fight on the border if need arises.I salute them,” Parrikar said.
India Army had inflicted “severe damages” to terrorists and their abode in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir in the surgical strikes on the intervening night of September 28 and 29. Some Pakistani soldiers were also killed in the strikes. However, Pakistan denied the surgical strikes and instead made attempts to convince the world that India and Indian Army were lying about the surgical strikes.
In a clever video, Kejriwal had earlier congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Indian Army for conducting the surgical strikes. However, he had indirectly asked the PM to submit proof of the strikes to expose Pakistan’s false propaganda.
Parrikar, who was speaking at a BJP organised public meeting, said that the forces and citizens will have to be vigilant against “frustrated” terrorists who will try and attack because of the shame they have been put to as a result of the surgical strikes.