Rajasthan’s Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Wednesday reached the state Assembly to present the state budget 2017-18. Raje ispresenting the budget on the International Women’s Day, which also happens to be her birthday. Starting her speech in the Vidhan Sabha, she said that Rajasthan had achieved a myriad of awards & recognitions. State bagged many laurels over a period of 3 years. She further added that RSRDC would make roads of 410 km in Rajasthan and 5000 km of rural roads would be strengthened and revamped at a cost of Rs 800 crore. Budget session of the Rajasthan Assembly began on on 23rd February. On top of the CM Vasundhara Raje government are issues of farmers, interests of small-scale businessmen and jobs creation/unemployment. Opposition Congress (Leader of Opposition in the Assembly) leader Rameshwar Dudi is on record saying that “The government has neglected the interests of the farmers, youths, small businessmen and their issues will be raised in the Budget session to corner the government.” That some of these interest groups are extremely dissatisfied is clear from the fact that farmers in the state had been protesting against a power tariff hike announced in September, 2016. This had led Raje to backpedal and roll back the hike. However, other issues are still alive like inadequate relief to the hailstorm hit farmers, and crop insurance. Even the government’s alleged shutting down of 17,000 state-run schools is an issue that is driving anger in the public. As far as business is concerned, interests of small businessmen is allegedly not being promoted and they are seeking sops to boost their potential. Stay tuned to Financial Express for more LIVE updates:
– Composition scheme for such manufacturers having turnover up to Rs. 50 lac with the rate of composition fee 2 per cent introduced in Rajasthan Budget.
– To benefit MSME, non-clubbing of investment in different enterprises setup under the same ownership.
– Electricity Duty, Water Conversation Cess and Urban Cess exemption given to Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation for operations.
– Benefit of the RIPS-2014 for oil mills to promote farming of mustard and oilseed in state.
– 15 per cent hike of VAT on cigarettes. Incredible initiative to curb tobacco and cigarettes use.
– Relief: Saraffa, Gems & Stone, Petroleum Outlet and Tent dealers who couldn’t comply with compositions schemes to get relief: Vasundhara Raje
– Deemed Assessment Scheme for VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax and Entertainment Tax. In effect for AY 2015-16 & subsequent years.
– State pensioners to get online submission of medical bills & e- payments upon clearance, says Vasundhara Raje
– All Atal Seva Kendras be equipped with eMitra Service ATM, Wi-Fi & file tracking system.
– Effective maintenance of urban water supply conducted to downsize electricity expenditure: Vasundhara Raje
– Rs. 100 crore has been doled out for renewal of headworks & improvement works of Diggies : Vasundhara Raje
– “2500 villages and habitations to be blessed with potable water,” beams Vasundhara Raje
– In the coming 2 years, near about 1.27 lakh farmers will get electricity connections.
– 41 lakh people will get pure drinking water.
– Bisalpur-Chambal programmes will be completed at a faster pace.
– Farmers will get ‘Fasal Beema Yojna’ and ‘Kisan Credit Cards’.
– In the coming 2 years, Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet will be organise: Vasundhara Raje
– Tourism in the state will be promoted using short films and ads.
– Number of tourist in the state has increased to 17.3 per cent.
– Ranthabaur will be connected with air travel services, says Vasundhara Raje
– Pilgrimage for 20 thousand senior citizens will be arranged undet the Deendayal Upadhyay Varisht Naagrik Programme. Pilgrimage for 5 thousand senior citizens will be organised though air travel: Vasundhara Raje
– 190 cities will get WiFi facilities in next financial year.
– Rs 100 crore allocated to establish district hospital in Dholpur.
– Rs 1,399 crore is been allotted for higher education in the budget. Cities like Karauli and Bharatpur will get new engineering colleges: Vasundhara Raje