Pravin Togadia LIVE | A day after VHP leader Pravin Togadia mysteriously went missing and was subsequently found, he addressed media and made shocking revelations. Togadia said attempts have been made to muzzle his voice. On Monday, Vishwa Hindu Parishad’s senior member Pravin Togadia was ‘untraceable’ in Ahmedabad. Togadia was later found unconscious at a park in Shahibaug and was taken to Chandramani Hospital. Reportedly, Rajasthan Police was on a hunt to execute an arrest warrant under section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the IPC against Pravin Togadia in a case that is 12 years old. The case was registered after, he along with many other VHP leaders had held a march violating the police orders. As per the statement of VHP, Togadia is a patient of low blood sugar and was found lying in an unconscious state. Pravin Togadia is VHP’s International Working President.
Interestingly, Togadia is a Z-plus category protectee. The Rajasthan police confirmed that a contingent was sent to Gujarat, but said they were unsuccessful. On Monday evening, Director General of Police O P Galhotra said that the reports of Togadia’s arrests by Rajasthan police were “totally untrue and baseless” reports The Indian Express.
Here are updates from his press conference today:
- A man came to house and told me that police has left for your encounter. I immediately switched off my phone so that my location could not be traced.
- There are conspiracies being hatched for my encounter: Pravin Togadia
- I was told that Rajasthan Police has left for my encounter, and they have not carried a warrant: Pravin Togadia
- Togadia said, “Attempts were being made to muzzle my voice. I have been trying to work for country’s unity for years.” The VHP leader said he has been raising Hindu’s voice for issues like Ram Mandir, cow protection, farmers’ interest. “But attempts are being made to muzzle my voice.”
- I will keep fighting for cow-protection and Ram Mandir. I respect Rajasthan police and request them to not come under political pressure: Pravin Togadia
- I am being targeted for a decade old case, there is an attempt to suppress my voice. Rajasthan Police team came to arrest me. Someone told me plan was being made to kill me in an encounter: Pravin Togadia
- Togadia alleged that a conspiracy to kill him in an encounter was being hatched.
- Patidar leader Hardik Patel has met Pravin Togadia.