The Ministry of External Affairs on Wednesday condemned the Kabul terror attack, saying India was ready to render any kind of assistance to the government and the people of Afghanistan. According to ANI, the MEA also said that the Indian government would provide Afghan authorities with all possible support to bring the perpetrators of the blast to justice. The MEA released a statement saying the “continuation of violence, even during the holy month of Ramazan reflected the diabolical nature of the perpetrators and its supporters.”
In a press release, the MEA said that India strongly deplored the heinous and reprehensible terror attack. The statement read, “We share the grief of all peace-loving Afghans and convey our sincerest condolences to the Government of Afghanistan and the families of victims of the mindless violence and wish a speedy recovery to those injured”.
The External Affairs Ministry also assured that all staff members of the Embassy of India in Kabul were safe. Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had also strongly condemned the blast. In a tweet, the PM said, “We strongly condemn the terrorist blast in Kabul. Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased & prayers with the injured”.
The attack took place near the Indian Embassy and around 80 people have reportedly been killed in the massive blast. According to reports, the explosion took place during the peak hour in Kabul, when roads were packed with working class commuters. It appeared to have gone off close to a busy intersection in the Wazir Akbar Khan district.