Jhabua Superintendent of Police G.G. Pandey on Monday said that the body part of a deceased has been found and has been sent for DNA testing, also a search operation is on the blast that took place on September 12 Jhabua District of Madhya Pradesh.
“We got information that a small body part has been recovered from a roof of a shop. The part has been seized for DNA testing .Searching operation is going on. Investigations too are going on,” said Pandey.
The district surrounding Petlawad is home to a number of manganese and bauxite mines.
Meanwhile, a manhunt is on to search for Rajendra Kaswa, a fertiliser contractor and main accused in the blast case.
“People are in shock. Everywhere, there are empty streets and roads,” said a local.
The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister had earlier said that the family members of the deceased in the Jhabua explosion will get Rs. five lakh ex-gratia instead of Rs. two lakh promised earlier.
Chouhan also said that employment would be given to the kin of the deceased.
Kaswa, who is now absconding, reportedly owns the licence to use explosive material for digging wells in rocky areas. Stockpile of gelatin rods were stored illegally inside the godown owned by him inside the building where the blast took place.