In a ‘barbaric and full of audecity’ incident, terrorists beheaded a Indian Jawan and mutilated his body in Kashmir’s Kupwara district. “The terrorists came from Pakistan under the cover firing by Pakistan Army, said Indian Army.” One attacker was also killed in the incident. Since the surgical strikes, carried out by Indian Army on September 29 to answer ceasefire violation from Pakistan, it is the first major attack from neighboring country.
According to Army, “terrorist mutilated the body of Indian soldier before fleeing into PoK supported by cover fire from Pakistan army posts. The incident reflected the barbarism pervading in official and unofficial organisations in Pakistan.” However, the Indian army said that it will give an appropriate answer to Pakistan.
Before this, the Indian Army on September 29 announced that it had carried out surgical strikes across the LoC, destroying multiple terror launchpads and inflicting heavy casualties. This was the first time since the 1971, that Indian Army announced crossing the LoC. DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh along with NSA Ajit Doval and Home Minister Rajnath Singh is reported to have said that around 200 soldiers were involved in the operation. Since then, India was witnessing frequent ceasefire violations from Pakistan side, but, as India is going to celebrate its biggest religious event, this act is being seen as the attempt to ruin Diwali.
Though incident had shocked the nation on ‘Dhanteras’ no statement is been issued from the government side, till yet.