On Friday, Pakistan continued to resort to unprovoked ceasefire violation in Jammu and Kashmir’s Noushera sector. Unprovoked ceasefire violation began in Sunderbani Sector and Pallanwala Sector near the Line of Control today, which as per reports is being responded befittingly by the Indian side.
On Thursday, Pakistani forces pounded Indian border outposts and hamlets along the International Border in Kathua, Hiranagar sectors in Kathua district, R S Pura and Arnia sectors (Jammu), it also targeted forward Indian posts and villages along LOC in Balakote and Mankote sectors (Poonch) and Sunderbani sector (Rajouri).
“Heavy calibre weapons are being used by Pakistan. We are hitting them hard though. So far we have no casualties,” says Manish Mehta, Defence PRO.
Earlier, a BSF jawan died and 9 civilians were injured when Pakistani troops shelled over 15 Indian border outposts and 29 hamlets with mortar bombs and fired heavily from automatic weapons overnight in R S Pura and Arnia sectors along the International Border (IB) in Jammy district.
Meanwhile, Pakistan on Wednesday summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner and lodged a strong protest against “unprovoked” ceasefire violations by Indian forces, which led to the deaths of two civilians and injuries to nine others. The director general (South Asia and Saarc), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner J.P. Singh to lodge a protest against ceasefire violations by Indian forces on October 25-26 across the International Border “in the Chaprar and Harpal sectors, and across the Line of Control in the Bhimber sector”, a Foreign Office (FO) statement said. On the other hand, according to Radio Pakistan, Sharif, in a statement, claimed that Pakistan has exercised “maximum restraint” and categorically stated that “ceasefire violations” if continued will not go unpunished. Sharif claimed Pakistan is a “peace loving nation” and it believes in resolution of all the outstanding issues and disputes through dialogue.