It’s the International women’s Day. It is a day that celebrates womanhood and when everyone is showcasing the social, political, cultural, economic achievements of women and their contributions to the society, we would like to draw some attention to some shocking incidents from country’s fourth largest state – Uttar Pradesh that show International Women’s Day is no joy for all. Have a look at some shocking incidences which are as follows:
1. Lakhimpur was under a curfew due to communal tension a few days back and again a new incident of eve-teasing gave rise to a situation which has lead to tension in the area. After the incident of eve teasing, some people of a particular denomination were beaten, because of which there was a flare up in the situation. This has created an environment of extreme tension. SP Manoj Jha said that heavy police force has been deployed in the area so as to keep the situation under control.
2. As Uttar Pradesh is under its seventh and last phase of polling today, Ardali Bazar in Varanasi witnessed an uproar upheaval. A woman BLO had an altercation with people. Police force present at the spot controlled the situation that could have gone worse.
You May Also Like To Watch This :
3. Samajwadi Patry agent got arrested from Jaunpur today. The agent was arrested as he allegedly cast the vote on the behalf of a woman. The seventh and final phase of elections in Uttar Pradesh is taking place today. Polling has begun in 40 constituencies including PM Narendra Modi’s Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi. The last week saw a series of rallies and campaigning by leaders from all parties, especially in Varanasi.
4. Each woman plays a crucial role in shaping the society and people all across the globe join hands to pay homage to women. But in a shocking incident, a woman who got missing from Tuesday was found dead today. The body of the woman was found hung in a school named Savitri Devi School in Bulandshahr on Wednesday.
5. Lucknow encounter: The six-member NIA team is doing an inspection the Haji colony terror encounter. Due to locked doors, the NIA team could not enter the room. The team of ATS had sealed the house. It took security forces more than 11 hours to neutralise a terror suspect hiding at a house in Haji Colony of Lucknow’s Thakurganj area on Wednesday.