International Day Of Yoga celebrations began across the nation today, as various states were seen holding yoga sessions, where people turned out in large numbers to practice the ancient Indian discipline.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in a mass yoga demonstration at the Capitol Complex in Chandigarh.
Here are the top 10 quotes from PM Modi’s speech:
1) International Yoga day is linked with good health and it has now turned into a people’s mass movement: PM Modi
2) Yoga is not just about what one will get, it is about what one can give up: PM Modi
3) Jaise mobile phone aapke jeevan ka hissa ban gaya hai usi tarah Yoga ko apne jeevan ka hissa bana lijiye: PM Modi
4) Yoga is not for ”paralok” – this is for “lok” and for the harmony in your body and mind. Let’s make Yoga more popular globally. Let India produce good Yoga teachers: Modi
5) The world supported the idea of International Day of Yoga. All sections of society came together in this endeavour. People from across the country & world are connected to this event: Modi
6) Yoga aastik ke liye bhi hai aur Yoga nastik ke liye bhi hai. Zero budget se health insurance deta hai: PM Modi
7) Let’s focus on one thing, how to mitigate diabetes through Yoga. Diabetes can surely be controlled through Yoga: PM
8) Today more and more Gynaecologists are recommending Yoga for pregnant women: PM Modi
9) Yoga will connect you to yourself, which is vital in these times when everyone is so busy: PM
10) PM talks about two Yoga awards, one international and one for India. PM says we want to honour those working to popularising Yoga