The Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMOs) of India and Pakistan today talked over the hotline regarding the prevailing situation along the Line of Control (LoC). According to PTI report, the DGMO of the Indian Army conveyed to his Pakistani counterpart India’s commitment towards maintaining peace and tranquillity on the LoC. In a strong message, Lieutenant General A K Bhatt, however, warned that India will take appropriate retaliatory action if the Pakistan Army continues to abet infiltrators and resort to trans-LoC firings.
The Indian Army yesterday had rejected video circulated by Pakistan purportedly showing attacks by its military on some Indian posts in Jammu and Kashmir. It had termed the video as false and fabricated. The Army had also trashed the Pakistan military’s claim that five Indian soldiers were killed in Tatta Pani sector along the LoC last week when Pakistani troops had retaliated to Indian fire. On May 23, the Indian Army had released a video of punitive fire assaults on Pakistani positions across the Line of Control, inflicting huge damage.
Watch this video
On May 2, the top army commanders of the countries had held discussions, after a Pakistani special forces team sneaked across the Line of Control and beheaded two Indian security personnel. Pakistan then had rejected Indian allegations of ceasefire violation and mutilation of bodies of Indian soldiers, according to report’. The DGMO-level contact had come after the local commanders of the two armies spoke last night at Rawlakot-Poonch sector along the LoC. The local commander of the Pakistan Army told his Indian counterpart that no ceasefire violation was committed by Pakistan, the military’s Inter-Services Public Relations wing said in a statement.