Traffic Advisory Independence Day: Vehicular movement in Delhi, especially on roads leading to the venue of Independence Day celebrations at Red Fort, will be curtailed on August 15 due to the official event at Red Fort.
Delhi Traffic Police issued an advisory on the restrictions, which would be enforced on August 15, saying that there would be elaborate traffic arrangements in place to facilitate the movement of VIP vehicles, invitees and general public to reach the venue. Check out list of 7 points:
1. The roads that would be closed in and around Red Fort, from 5 AM to 9 AM, where only labeled vehicles will be permitted, include portions of the Netaji Subhash Marg, Lothian Road, SP Mukherjee Marg, Chandni Chowk Road, Nisad Raj Mar and Esplanade Road.
2. Police has advised vehicles without parking labels for the rehearsal to avoid Tilak Marg, Mathura Road, BSZ Marg, Subhash Marg, JL Nehru Marg and Ring Road between Nizammuddin Bridge and ISBT bridge.
3. As per police, for North-bound vehicles the alternative routes include going via Aurobindo Marg, Safdarjang Road, Mother Teresa Crescent, Park Street, Mandir Marg, Panchkuian Road and Rani Jhansi Road.
4. Another alternative is to reach Nizamuddin Bridge and and cross over to ISBT by crossing Yamuna, Pushta Road, GT Road.
5. Restrictions would be in place on movement of commercial transport and interstate buses and goods vehicles will not be permitted between Nizamuddin bridge and Wazirabad bridge from the midnight of August 12 to 11 AM on August 13.
6. Interstate buses will not be allowed between Maharana Pratap ISBT and Sarai Kale Khan ISBT from 5 AM to 9 AM. Local city buses including DTC will not move on Ring Road from 5 AM to 9 AM on August 13.
7. To reach the Old Delhi Railway Station from South Delhi one can take the Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Marg – Pul Duffrin – SP Mukherjee Marg. There are no restrictions for New Delhi station however,” the advisory said.