1. I am reading Upanishads, Gita to take on RSS, BJP: Congress VP Rahul Gandhi

I am reading Upanishads, Gita to take on RSS, BJP: Congress VP Rahul Gandhi

By: | Chennai | Published: June 4, 2017 8:33 PM
Congress VP Rahul Gandhi, Upanishads, Gita RSS, BJP, Rahul Gandhi, Narendra Modi, Modi, BJP-RSS Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi today said he was reading Upanishads and the Bhagwad Gita to take on the RSS and BJP. “Nowadays I study the Upanishads and the Gita since I am fighting the RSS and BJP,” he said addressing party functionaries here. (ANI)

Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi today said he was reading Upanishads and the Bhagwad Gita to take on the RSS and BJP. “Nowadays I study the Upanishads and the Gita since I am fighting the RSS and BJP,” he said addressing party functionaries here. “I ask them (RSS men), my friend, you are doing this, you are oppressing people, but it is written in the Upanishad that all people are the same and how come you are contradicting what your own religion says,” party sources quoted him as having told them. He alleged that BJP does not fundamentally “understand India,” and “understand only Nagpur,” headquarters of the RSS.
Taking potshots at Narendra Modi, he said BJP men were under the impression that the “entire universal knowledge” came out of the Prime Minister.

Gandhi, who has accused BJP-RSS of attempting to thrust one idea on the nation, said every individual, be it in Tamil Nadu or Uttar Pradesh, had a right to express dissent if they were aggrieved, and imposition of one idea was not acceptable.While expressing his appreciation for people of Tamil Nadu, their language, culture and culinary, “which is a strength for India like other states,” Gandhi said he had a special connect with the state.

He also said that “he has decided to start watching Tamil movies,” and “read about the culture of Tamil Nadu people.””Sent an SMS to my sister, I told my sister that I love coming to Tamil Nadu. I don’t know … some how I feel very connected to Tamil people,” Gandhi said. “I wrote (to Priyanka), I love Tamil, Tamils. She wrote back I love them too,” he added.Tamil Nadu Congress Committee President Su Thirunavukkarasar, Congress Legislature Party leader K R Ramasamy were among the functionaries who attended the meeting.

Dkb
    Jun 5, 2017 at 7:55 pm
    Pls tell the spel of Upanishads Rahul baba Try to respect fee s of majority You want to oppose , oppose on issues Don't make a fool of your self You have already become a pogo of Indian politics
    1. Megha Abhishek Das
      Jun 5, 2017 at 5:38 pm
      Seriously! Now we have VP congress #Rahul hi Ji Mocking yet again Hindu Religious Scripture. Please understand Bhagvad Geeta is not rules and regulation, it is the origin about humanity, life and Nirvana. It has nothing political about it. I am not against any religion, But I dont understand parties like Congress and its alliance, on why they are bend on insulting Hindu Sentiments. And Why we Indians, especially Hindus, keep watching, anyone playing with our religious and spiritual sentiments. I appreciate religions like Islam and Christianity, where in people come together, if anyone insults there spiritual scriptures. And In indian being Democratic, we Hindus- keep accepting whatever nonsense anyone has to say or talk about us. And yes #Rahul hji, thats the beauty of Bhagvad Geeta, , it teaches us Hindus to be patient to nonsense, but at the same time in Bhagvad Geeta, it teaches us to fight at the right time against all evils like you, who are politicising no sense issues.
        S.Suchindranath
        Jun 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
        Whose Gita and Upanishads and from where? Does he know enough Sanskrit to do so? Or is this Pollack/Donniger Literature? But good that BJP/RSS are inspiring this elderly man to study.
          Satish
          Jun 4, 2017 at 11:57 pm
          English alphabets? tables ? addition , multiplication, division ? there are so many things you can start with
          1. N
            Jun 4, 2017 at 11:50 pm
            Whatever you say guys, whatever and whenever his name appears in news papers, laughter erupts...I believe the w planet goes LoL..
              meenthiagu
              Jun 4, 2017 at 10:41 pm
              Hypocrite to the core. Shameful.
                Ramesh
                Jun 4, 2017 at 9:00 pm
                He should first read kuran. Islam is the religion of peace. Better he preach the terrorist.
                1. T
                  The Analyst
                  Jun 4, 2017 at 9:22 pm
                  Right bro! He should first find out verses which teaches brotherhood and respect for women in Islam and what's practiced in Islam all over the world. Every body is born on earth as Hindu but dies as Hindu, Christian or Muslim. As he grows and gains knowledge of demigods and follows the practices which are against mother nature he becomes a Christian, a Muslim and other religions. For e.g. a Christian starts eating all animals, a Muslim will eat all animals preferably a cow symbol of worship of Hindus but will abhor pig.A Christian will try to convert as many people by money, a Muslim will try to convert by trapping innocent girls from any religion keeping his daughters & wives in burakha. Will enjoy triple talaq, polygamy and halala all injustice.
                  1. B
                    Bona
                    Jun 4, 2017 at 10:49 pm
                    He is really proving his low caliber thoughts and plan. You have given a best statement..Now it is understood that why there is no sudden best future.I think we should stop voting such fellows