1. GSHSEB Class X examination results: Exam Centres in Gujarat under scanner after unexpected good results this year!

GSHSEB Class X examination results: Exam Centres in Gujarat under scanner after unexpected good results this year!

As it has been found that there is a drastic increase of 80% results this year, compared to the results of 2015, the State Education department has ordered an inquiry into this delicate matter to find out the reason behind this massive difference.

By: | New Delhi | Published: November 28, 2016 12:21 PM
GSHSEB Class X examination, GSHSEB Class X examination results, Gujarat, Gujarat Class 10th exam results, Gujarat state board exams, Gujarat state class X exams The State Education department has ordered an inquiry into this delicate matter to find out the reason behind this massive difference. (PTI)

The results of Class X State Board examination in Gujarat, conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) this year, has raised many eyebrows as it has been found that there is a drastic increase of 80% results this year, as compared to the results of 2015. The State Education department has ordered an inquiry into this delicate matter to find out the reason behind this massive difference.

The chairman of GSHSEB, A J Shah said,“The matter came to the notice of the board after the mass copying case of three centres that reported more than 500 copying cases. The board has already segregated such centres and it has been decided in a meeting on Thursday that a close eye will be kept on such centres where there is a huge variation in results.”

The highest variation of 82.41% was recorded at Ditvas examination centre of Mahisagar district. Last year, out of total students appearing at the centre, a meagre 7.37% passed the examination. However, this pass percentage here shot up alarmingly to 89.78% in 2016. Apart from Ditvas, Shivrajpur in Panchmahals district did record a pass percentage of only 9.04% in 2015 which jumped to 79.76% this year jumping more than 70%. Rameshra in Panchmahals reported an increase of 72.24% from only 8.56% pass percentage last year soaring up to 80.79%. Out of 100 students appearing this year, more than 80 cleared the Board examination; making it a ten-fold increase in result in just one year, reports The Indian Express.

Likewise, another case at Karath in Dahod district has witnessed an increase of 66.53%. From 12.99 pass percentage in 2015, the percentage shoot up to 79.52 in 2016. Bhesavahi centre at Chhota Udepur district resulted a poor 10.82% last year, which jumped to 82.18% this year. The most surprising fact is that Chhota Udepur district was at the bottom, among all the 33 districts with only 20.86 pass percentage in 2015. Bhikapur in the same district showed a similar variation; from 9.35% in 2015 to 79.40% this year.
It should be mentioned that Bhikapur is the same centre along with Lambadiya (41.31% increase) in Sabarkantha and Chotila (declining by only 1.59% from 87.53 in 2015 to 85.93 in 2016) in Aravalli district, where 500 mass copying cases in Mathematics was detected by the Board in June 2016 during a double check of results. It was also noticed that a few teachers were also involved as students scored more than 80% in objective questions whereas ‘zero’ in subjective questions!

The maximum increase in results was reported in the districts of Dahod, Mahisagar and Panchmahals that reported nearly 20 such centres, all having a difference of above 30%, followed by Chhota Udepur and Aravalli districts. The most shocking thing that took the education department by surprise is the fact that despite 95% of the centres being monitored through CCTVs. reported cases of high increase in pass percentage. There are several other centres that recorded an increase of 30-50% which includes Pandhro in Kutch (31.37), Kapadwanj (31.21), Aklacha (40.22) and Vanthavadi (48.95) all located in Kheda district.

Please Wait while comments are loading...

Go to Top